5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

has anyone added roof running lights to new style 1500 p/n82211190ab

tmilam

Reaction score
I’ve always wanted to do that but it says these won’t fit our trucks

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Of course it does because you have a 1500. But, it will fit any vehicle that you are willing to drill holes in your roof...even your Honda Accord ;)

MeOff

Reaction score
I don't remember who made them, but you can purchase battery operated w/remote stick-on style. About $400 plus.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't remember who made them, but you can purchase battery operated w/remote stick-on style. About $400 plus.
I remember that as well...the reviews were poor and the lights would get out of sync and proved unreliable. There was a YT video on them and the guy was not impressed with the issues.

MeOff

Reaction score
I remember that as well...the reviews were poor and the lights would get out of sync and proved unreliable. There was a YT video on them and the guy was not impressed with the issues.
Yes, I do remember that also.

GreatWhite

Reaction score

Part of me wants to do it and give it a whirl. But part of me doesnt haha. Apparently this new version doesnt have strobe options and such, and is supposed to be better. Im curious about real world testing

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Part of me wants to do it and give it a whirl. But part of me doesnt haha. Apparently this new version doesnt have strobe options and such, and is supposed to be better. Im curious about real world testing
Let us know how it works out. Wireless anything on a truck concerns me related t o reliability.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put a set of these Smoke Housing, Amber LED Cab Clearance Lights into my Cart.
($31) They will go on my 2021 1500 Laramie Night Edition.

Malodave

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I just put a set of these Smoke Housing, Amber LED Cab Clearance Lights into my Cart.
($31) They will go on my 2021 1500 Laramie Night Edition.

Malodave
Cool...so I assume you are planning to drill into your roof and route the wires above the headliner and down the A-pillar?

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cool...so I assume you are planning to drill into your roof and route the wires above the headliner and down the A-pillar?
I have a lot of wires to run in the headliner. I will be making a switch panel for the
Sunglasses Cubby for Fuel Transfer, LED front Bar Light, Reverse LED Pod Lights,
Power to the Bed/Cap/Inverter, OBA Air Compressor, Momentary Switch for the
Air Horns, and a digital display for the Air Pressure Guage.

Then I have to run a USB cable from the top of windshield to the top of the LEER
Cap for the rear Dashcam Camera. That is an 8 Meter USB Cable. Just have to wait
for a little warmer Weather here in NH to do it all. I am working on the Sanden AC
Compressor now to convert it over to just pumping air. That will be mounted to
my EcoDiesel engine.

Malodave

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have a lot of wires to run in the headliner. I will be making a switch panel for the
Sunglasses Cubby for Fuel Transfer, LED front Bar Light, Reverse LED Pod Lights,
Power to the Bed/Cap/Inverter, OBA Air Compressor, Momentary Switch for the
Air Horns, and a digital display for the Air Pressure Guage.

Then I have to run a USB cable from the top of windshield to the top of the LEER
Cap for the rear Dashcam Camera. That is an 8 Meter USB Cable. Just have to wait
for a little warmer Weather here in NH to do it all. I am working on the Sanden AC
Compressor now to convert it over to just pumping air. That will be mounted to
my EcoDiesel engine.

Malodave
Have you looked at this for your switch and fusing?

saylor

Reaction score
malodave you are my new favorite buddy. im sitting over here mind-engineering the exact same things. i did not consider the sunglass cubby is interesting choice. what burnt my toast is the DC outlet up on the dash whoever put that there needs a kick in the yarboles.
im probably going to put the inverter somewhere in the console.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
malodave you are my new favorite buddy. im sitting over here mind-engineering the exact same things. i did not consider the sunglass cubby is interesting choice. what burnt my toast is the DC outlet up on the dash whoever put that there needs a kick in the yarboles.
im probably going to put the inverter somewhere in the console.

This is where I got the Sunglass cubby Idea from:

I have the sunglass door out to get measurements from so that I can 3D print the Rocker
switch panel. Once it is done and tested for fit I will upload the DWG and STL files for
All to use or modify for their own needs.

I will keep the stock inverter but, I will be adding a Pure Sine Wave one in the Bed/Cap.
The Bed Power switch will turn off a relay that powers all the Bed Electronics and Inverter.
So I can shut it off from inside the cab if I forget to do it in the bed.

Malodave

Users who are viewing this thread