5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone added a trailer brake controller to a 2025 yet?

johnnyf123

Reaction score
I would think that they did remove the back seat...I could reach all of the nuts that were holding the old module bracket in place but if I got them removed there would have been no shot for me to get them back on without removing the rear seat for better access lol...as far as the pin out harness I couldn't say for sure what they did with that. There was a QR code for instructions but when I scanned it nothing came up. With no instructions or videos available I bit the bullet and just had the dealership install it before my wife killed me because we couldn't "legally" pull her horse trailer...lol

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thomas Dodge in Highland IN, it was $390 for installation and $300 for the kit. It did have this module installed P/N 68569521AB. They did swap it out with the brake controller that came in the kit P/N 68569520AB. The module that came with the truck was P/N 68569521AB and the controller is P/N 68569520AB. Not sure what the function was of the original module 🤷‍♂️
There are three different trailer tow modules- one that only handles trailer lighting (the one you originally had), one that handles lighting and trailer brakes (the new one you got), and one that handles lighting, trailer brakes, and ttpms.

azzx

Reaction score
Makes sense now.
I thought trailer lights were controlled by the 7-pin connector.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Makes sense now.
I thought trailer lights were controlled by the 7-pin connector.
Well the lighting control wiring and circuits at the 7-pin connector have to come from somewhere…

johnnyf123

Reaction score
looking at the instructions definitely makes me feel better about letting the dealership install this 🤣🤣🤣🤣

RVTRKN

Reaction score
This post is not critiquing the new Ram, rather giving members who spent their savings to buy the new Ram another way to afford an electric brake controller. $1000.00 for a Trailer Brake Controller, if not equipped, is ridiculous, and for less than 300.00 for DIY'ers, you can wire in an aftermarket controller, and that would include the 7 pin connector, If Ram has figured out a way of keeping their 7 pin outlet at the bumper from using it. The only down side, no data for trailer towing info, as well as T/H not shutting off, if trailer is still connected while truck is off, and controlling it through the Radio. If I bought the 2025 W/O the EBC I would consider that way. If you have the money, than the OE kit is the way to go, but I'd feel raped after the high cost of the truck.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Happy I got one that had the brake controller already installed. The first one I was looking at didn't and it ran through my mind, well it's an easy install just like my 21!

I'm worried now that adding passive door handles might be out of the question later.

nopi45

Reaction score
I am about to get a Curt Echo Bluetooth break controller for a temporary solution.

My dealerships saying the OEM ones are on back order and there seems no plug and play solutions from stand a loan unit.

I let y’all know if it works or not incase anyone is like me and has to have one ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread