5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has any used a Soft Topper

My1stHemi

Reaction score
nice topic
As i am looking to order one soon ( i know they are backordered and swamped right now ) but i have been going back and forth on the color , mainly between the black and the grey , for those of you with the grey toppers , does it get dirty easily and is it easy to wash , i have seen a youtube video on cleaning them and it doesnt look too bad
Also has anyone gone with the front dog window or the back mesh screen , as i am considering those options also.
Color pallets preferences and aesthetics are subjective but I think tan might look really good as a complimentary accent color considering the blue and green tones in the Anvil paint color. Toyota has “Lunar Rock” which is fairly similar to Anvil but I couldn’t find any gray or tan softopper pics with that color.

bud007

Reaction score
thanks My1stHemi (y)
i know right now on their website it says back ordered until late July , but as we are already in July i am thinking of ordering in the next week or two and hopefully wont have to wait too long

Jdthompson79

Reaction score
So here is my truck. What do you guys think about color wise on the white? I’m torn between the grey or the tan. I’d love to hear everyone’s opinions or if anyone has more pics to share please do!
Go with tan. They look great on white trucks in my opinion.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
What color interior do you have? If you have black interior I’d say tan could look good but it might clash with gray seats. Black would match your plastic trim.
I was torn between gray or black and chose black in the event I wanted to sell it. I love my softopper and will not be selling it. View attachment 98607 View attachment 98608
How did you install the softopper along with the adarac pro? I have the same rack.
Thanks

My1stHemi

Reaction score
How did you install the softopper along with the adarac pro? I have the same rack.
Thanks

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the Softopper up and all the sides/windows zipped in, can you still open the tail gate independently? Or do you have to fiddle around with the rear window to allow the gate to drop?

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
With the Softopper up and all the sides/windows zipped in, can you still open the tail gate independently? Or do you have to fiddle around with the rear window to allow the gate to drop?
My gate works perfectly fine. I have to lift the softtopper flap a little bit to shut it but remote opens fine and doesn't need to be messed with any. 20220720_133842.jpg

jason23skid

Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking into getting a softopper for my 5th gen. I use my truck as a daily driver and overland vehicle.
Also I am a fabricator, that being said I have plans to make a rack for overlanding to work with a softopper. But I am stuggling to get dimensions of a softopper.

I haven’t purchased one yet as my current rack in use won’t fit the topper. Could anyone share the height and width of the outside of their topper?

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had a fiberglass cap on my trucks since 2000, but there are times when I wish it wasn't there. I keep tools and equipment in my truck all the time so and I feel more secure with it. My son purchased ($150) a used soft topper from a 4th gen for his 5th gen and it fits ok, but does stick above the cab about an inch or so and catches a little air, but he likes it. His is black on a silver truck, looks good.

Cadertots

Reaction score
I’ve been pretty happy with mine all in all. It is super easy to put on and take off when needed. My one complaint is that the rear vinyl window fogs over time. Mine is to the point that you can’t even see through it. I’ve tried several remedies and none have adequately works. It’s the one issue I have and I just don’t know if f there is a good answer for fixing it

Attachments

• IMG_0783.jpeg
    IMG_0783.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 26

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking into getting a softopper for my 5th gen. I use my truck as a daily driver and overland vehicle.
Also I am a fabricator, that being said I have plans to make a rack for overlanding to work with a softopper. But I am stuggling to get dimensions of a softopper.

I haven’t purchased one yet as my current rack in use won’t fit the topper. Could anyone share the height and width of the outside of their topper?
What length bed do you have? I have a 6.5 I can measure for you

jason23skid

Reaction score
What length bed do you have? I have a 6.5 I can measure for you
Length doesn’t matter I can go where with that. Just the outside width and the height is alls I need to proceed forward in my design. Thank you

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The topper is 66 inches wide at the tailgate narrowing at the top (outside measure) and the same height as the cab. To fold it up you need about 18 inches above the height of the cab (ie I can't do that in my garage). Let me know if you need anything else

jason23skid

Reaction score
The topper is 66 inches wide at the tailgate narrowing at the top (outside measure) and the same height as the cab. To fold it up you need about 18 inches above the height of the cab (ie I can't do that in my garage). Let me know if you need anything else
Awesome thank you so much this should get me going.

Users who are viewing this thread