5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Harman Kardon Boomy Bass

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO, the HK system sounds far superior to the Alpine system I had in my last Ram. However, the premium Bose system GM uses beats both by a significant margin.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Got my 24 Limited today... MUCH improved bass over my 2020 Laramie with the HK system. It still is bit much on the mid-bass, yet certainly improved where I an at least live with it.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if it's any different - I doubt RAM has given a single F about the audio since the truck launced. The McIntosh system in the Jeep Grand Cherokee L is similarly bad (excessive bass, though not as bad as the RAM), yet Jeep marketed it as sublime audiophile quality stuff... yeah right. I'm still driving around in my '22 with the subwoofer disconnected. The reality is everyone has a different opinion on what sounds good and what doesn't. I'm curious to hear the Klipsch system in the upcoming Tungsten, but wouldn't be surprised if that's a disappointment as well.

The best car audio I've personally heard is Bowers & Wilkins in a Volvo XC90, and I don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees that it sounds phenomenal... truly good audio is hard to dispute. But take crap audio and EQ the hell out of it, you'll find someone who still likes it (just for the boomy bass) and plenty who hate it. Without truth measurement data from a calibrated mic using something like REW, there's no real way of knowing. I could measure the truck's stock output with REW, but this late in the game I'm not sure there's a point. If there was any hope of RAM fixing it, that day passed years ago. If they weren't total idiots they'd tune it relatively flat and give us a much larger band EQ with discrete sub control... something else Volvo gets right.

Users who are viewing this thread