5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard to shift lanes

Reaction score
I notice when I got my new rebel couple weeks ago when running at highway speed you have to pull the steering to the next lane. I thought it was the new Goodyear tires not being broke in yet now with 1000 miles on it. It’s still the same. Does take a while to break in or is there something else to worry about. Thanks 9B76F882-740C-4F0C-B439-8722CD1849FB.jpeg

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I notice when I got my new rebel couple weeks ago when running at highway speed you have to pull the steering to the next lane. I thought it was the new Goodyear tires not being broke in yet now with 1000 miles on it. It’s still the same. Does take a while to break in or is there something else to worry about. Thanks View attachment 49180

Nice truck! Did you check the tire pressure? Low pressure will make it sluggish and high will make it skate around.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's possible there is too much toe-in causing slow steering response. I've seen a post or two about feathering, my fronts are feathering quickly at 2k. Check your front tires for wear

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I notice when I got my new rebel couple weeks ago when running at highway speed you have to pull the steering to the next lane. I thought it was the new Goodyear tires not being broke in yet now with 1000 miles on it. It’s still the same. Does take a while to break in or is there something else to worry about. Thanks View attachment 49180

Hey @Coot Commander - if you are not able to determine a cause with the assistance of fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your selling dealer, please know we are more than happy to provide you with additional support for that process!

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online