5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hard cold start after header install

RSConsulting

Reaction score
No argument from me, been there and still have the audio stuff in the attic. Not going to touch this truck at all. Assume your vette was SC'd, fun cars but the modding is a MONEY PIT and I'm done, beyond done
Threads like this are another reason I'm staying away from modding this one - despite the fact that you typically only hear about problems more than success stories.

1599514285173.png

Magnussen blower C6/LS2 12 PSI - AFR 225 heads (shaved to 220) - Custom Spec Comp Cams Blower Cam - Progressive Methanol Injection - Many logged 4th gear pulls @ 3AM on a deserted highway (LOL)...

Rick

Jjrich04

Reaction score
Might not be a bad idea to take it to a service center that you trust and have them check out the injectors for you. I'm sure they're still under warranty...if not...I'd get the tune shop to start owning up to it.
Probably just the injector. Either way, I threw out the possibility of warranty work with the unlocked PCM and I’m prepared to own up to that with my own wallet.

Jjrich04

Reaction score
Threads like this are another reason I'm staying away from modding this one - despite the fact that you typically only hear about problems more than success stories.

View attachment 67939

Magnussen blower C6/LS2 12 PSI - AFR 225 heads (shaved to 220) - Custom Spec Comp Cams Blower Cam - Progressive Methanol Injection - Many logged 4th gear pulls @ 3AM on a deserted highway (LOL)...

Rick
That is one sweet ride!

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably just the injector. Either way, I threw out the possibility of warranty work with the unlocked PCM and I’m prepared to own up to that with my own wallet.
You never know...who's to say that injectors weren't bad from the beginning? Lol

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

View attachment 67939

Rick

ERL 434, Gwatney Heads 250/258 cam, C6Z rear diff and trans. Has an MSD Airforce on it now.

IMG_20191124_160222_924.jpg
20180609_170811_a86f0318e1c5e09723065d49bd11111b628c7c26.jpg

Makes a little over 620 whp on e85. I DON'T miss the mod game

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
No argument from me, been there and still have the audio stuff in the attic. Not going to touch this truck at all. Assume your vette was SC'd, fun cars but the modding is a MONEY PIT and I'm done, beyond done
I agree on the money pit thought. My 2010 mustang sits. At 1008rwhp after 70k into it. I will never get that money back. Next time I want to drive a fast car I will just buy a fast car lol.

Jjrich04

Reaction score
ERL 434, Gwatney Heads 250/258 cam, C6Z rear diff and trans. Has an MSD Airforce on it now.

View attachment 67994
View attachment 67995

Makes a little over 620 whp on e85. I DON'T miss the mod game
Wow, you guys sure have impeccable taste in cars. I suspect if I had that beauty in my driveway, I’d be content with a quiet, stock truck as well. Sweet ride, BowDown!

Jjrich04

Reaction score
Update: I ordered 4 stock injectors, should be here around Thursday. I’ll install the new ones to one side and check the following morning to see if the issue has subsided. If not, I’ll install the old injectors I took off on the other side. Hopefully this fixes the problem.

RSConsulting

Reaction score
Wow, you guys sure have impeccable taste in cars. I suspect if I had that beauty in my driveway, I’d be content with a quiet, stock truck as well. Sweet ride, BowDown!

If you're a "mod-aholic", you just can't leave well enough alone. Previous gen vettes were almost a waste - no weight on the azz end = no traction. I used to zip tie the bypass valve on my blower, so it wouldn't go into boost when the streets were wet - because you could never tell when it was going to get loose on you.

REAL INTERESTED in the new mid-engine vette. Weight in the back, means you might actually get traction.

Definitely not touching this truck.

When it cools down some, I'll start running my 350RWHP slingshot again - too hot in SoFla to drive now. But even that's gotten boring after 3 years of ownership (and like the vette - all power, no traction).

I wanted something with some luxury and comfort - with the functionality of a truck. My limited covers all the bases - and is still pretty fast for what it is...

Rick

BowDown

Reaction score
I agree on the money pit thought. My 2010 mustang sits. At 1008rwhp after 70k into it. I will never get that money back. Next time I want to drive a fast car I will just buy a fast car lol.

Yes, I now understand the appeal of an $100k 7-900 hp stock factory car.
I used to be in the "i can build a car with more power for less than that" camp. Now, F THAT

Last edited:

BowDown

Reaction score
If you're a "mod-aholic", you just can't leave well enough alone. Previous gen vettes were almost a waste - no weight on the azz end = no traction. I used to zip tie the bypass valve on my blower, so it wouldn't go into boost when the streets were wet - because you could never tell when it was going to get loose on you.

REAL INTERESTED in the new mid-engine vette. Weight in the back, means you might actually get traction.

Definitely not touching this truck.

When it cools down some, I'll start running my 350RWHP slingshot again - too hot in SoFla to drive now. But even that's gotten boring after 3 years of ownership (and like the vette - all power, no traction).

I wanted something with some luxury and comfort - with the functionality of a truck. My limited covers all the bases - and is still pretty fast for what it is...

Rick

I not sold on the looks of the new vette yet but it does run. I've seen videos of 0-60 mph , using the new launch control, in the 2.8 sec range.
100% agree on the, not touching it

http://instagr.am/p/CD6yoCdJguA/

Users who are viewing this thread