5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hands Free Calling problems with Bluetooth

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone ever resolve this issue? I recently bought a new left over 2019 2500 tradesman. I've had about a month and worked properly but the past two mornings I have had this issue. I have an android and also tried repairing with an iPhone and still had no sound and the pop through the speakers.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares

Nolimits

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
RamCares
The issue keeps occurring almost daily now and the only fix is to shut the ignition off and wait and few minutes and start it back up. I am going to have to go to dealer this week. I need this resolved asap. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into an ordeal involving half a dozen trips to the dealer to resolve.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The issue keeps occurring almost daily now and the only fix is to shut the ignition off and wait and few minutes and start it back up. I am going to have to go to dealer this week. I need this resolved asap. I'm really hoping this doesn't turn into an ordeal involving half a dozen trips to the dealer to resolve.
Apologies for the trouble you are experiencing. If it would be of interest, our team is a private message away and more than willing to escalate a case on your behalf for further support as you work with your dealer.

Mark
RamCares

RebelWithout@Cause

Reaction score
I have a May 19 Rebel and up until a week ago my Bluetooth pairing to xm radio worked as it had done since new and now it will play for a 5-10 mind then it will switch to FM radio or the connection will drop and there is no sound.
Now I get in start the engine and it tells me my Android is not paired and when I try to pair it says no phone found.
I spend a few minutes and eventually get the phone to pair but the XM radio won't work so I try to get the radio working and it works!
The next time I get in start the engine and its back to no phone paired and not visible (the phone is set to visible) and I can't connect to XM either.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Eedwards81

Reaction score
Has anyone experience any problems with hands free calling popping off the speaker system while connected via bluetooth? I purchased my 2019 RAM quad cab 3 weeks ago and the hands free calling connects when I first start the truck, and I can generally make one or two calls hands free before I hear a loud "POP" through the speakers. The next call there will be no audio and I am forced to transfer to my iPhone to the phone speaker. Incidentally, the Apple CarPlay and USB ports stopped working as well. I took it back to the dealer and they said it is a software update or radio recall that won't be available until the 4th quarter of 2019. I called FCA care and they said that is not true. We tried everything, other phones, USB cables, etc. - nothing. Then I took it to another dealer yesterday. They pulled the radio and found that the connector for the CarPlay and USB was not seated correctly. That problem is now fixed. However, hands free calling via bluetooth is still on the fritz. Any suggestions out there? Has anyone else had this issue?

Eedwards81

Reaction score
Did you ever figure this issue with the pop out? I am having the same problem

Users who are viewing this thread