5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Krupps003

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2024 ram 1500 bighorn night edition and it didn’t come with the LED headlights(premium lighting group). I’ve been calling the dealer to see if I could get a higher trims or a 2023 but I’ve been told that I might need to get a new adapter, harness, or have to rework the wiring. I bought aftermarket from alpharex, after they replaced a bad set they gave me the new set is just as bad. I’m hoping to get from ram or OEM. To get the best quality. Has anyone done a conversion to led or have any insight on if I will need to do anything extra if I were to find a 2023 set of headlights or higher trim’s. Thanks

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2024 ram 1500 bighorn night edition and it didn’t come with the LED headlights(premium lighting group). I’ve been calling the dealer to see if I could get a higher trims or a 2023 but I’ve been told that I might need to get a new adapter, harness, or have to rework the wiring. I bought aftermarket from alpharex, after they replaced a bad set they gave me the new set is just as bad. I’m hoping to get from ram or OEM. To get the best quality. Has anyone done a conversion to led or have any insight on if I will need to do anything extra if I were to find a 2023 set of headlights or higher trim’s. Thanks
Try search for headlight conversion.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You can also just go the bulb route like some of us did.

LASFIT
DIODE DYNAMICS

Both are popular amongst us Bighorn Halogen owners. I have a few in my signature as well.

Happy modding!

Krupps003

Reaction score
You can also just go the bulb route like some of us did.

LASFIT
DIODE DYNAMICS

Both are popular amongst us Bighorn Halogen owners. I have a few in my signature as well.

Happy modding!
I was looking into that. But I’m hoping to get the day-time running with it as well. I want the functionality along with the looks. Do you have any brands you’d recommend if I went the bulb route?
Appreciate it!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was looking into that. But I’m hoping to get the day-time running with it as well. I want the functionality along with the looks. Do you have any brands you’d recommend if I went the bulb route?
Appreciate it!
Lasfit and Diode Dynamics would be the way to go IMO. As far as day time running lights, you could always install grille lights (Raptor Style) or something similar and tap them into an ignition/keyed power source.

frisby5

Reaction score
I recommend FORM lighting housings. Many run them with no issues and they look great! I have a set waiting to get installed once weather breaks.

Form Lighting

Forum Member Youtube video

I am picking up a set from a guy that are new , are they a pretty reliable unit ? I found them on offer up for a good price and they are new.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am picking up a set from a guy that are new , are they a pretty reliable unit ? I found them on offer up for a good price and they are new.
I've only seen 1 complaint and that was yesterday from a RAM page on FB, otherwise I have not seen any other issues. They should get covered under a warranty, but since you bought 2nd hand, there probably won't be a warranty.

frisby5

Reaction score
I've only seen 1 complaint and that was yesterday from a RAM page on FB, otherwise I have not seen any other issues. They should get covered under a warranty, but since you bought 2nd hand, there probably won't be a warranty.
Yesterday i picked them up and should have inspected them closer. After i got home i found out they were Vlands put in a Form lighting box, they looked close enough to throw me off.. the seller was cool though and gave me my money back. He said he didnt know, he buys stuff from auctions .

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yesterday i picked them up and should have inspected them closer. After i got home i found out they were Vlands put in a Form lighting box, they looked close enough to throw me off.. the seller was cool though and gave me my money back. He said he didnt know, he buys stuff from auctions .
Glad ya noticed and he was a great seller. Check Amazon and sometimes they have them posted cheaper from reputable shops. That's how I got mine.

Users who are viewing this thread