5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H8 battery for 2021 1500 5.7 Hemi eTorque?

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Without a battery maintainer on the stored battery, six months would be about the limit, I think. I know Interstate checks dates and rotates stock at their independent retailers.

Why wait? If you're going to buy a battery in advance, why not install it then? What happens if you tie up $2-300 and your battery decides to enter another dimension when you're a hundred miles from home? That H8 at home on the shelf isn't going to help you any.

I didn't wait for grief. I replaced my battery at 3 years. Maybe I threw away a year's worth of battery, maybe not. But it is worth it for peace of mind. There's too much electrical stuff in these trucks to risk it.
True. Reading all the posts of dead OEM batteries had me concerned. I guess I'm going to replace mine next year (3 years). I bought it June 2021 with a Build Date of May 2021.

I'm partial to the Walmart EverStart Maxx brand. I've been using it on all my vehicles for over 10yrs. I replace every 4 years. The Everstart Platinum H8 is about $170. I might go ahead and buy one if it I ever see it in stock when I go to Walmart.

Last edited:

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
True. Reading all the posts of dead OEM batteries had me concerned. I guess I'm going to replace mine next year (3 years). I bought it June 2021 with a Build Date of May 2021.

I'm partial to the Walmart EverStart Maxx brand. I've been using it on all my vehicles for over 10yrs. I replace every 4 years. The Everstart Platinum H8 is about $170. I might go ahead and buy one if it I ever see it in stock when I go to Walmart.

Mine (OEM) left me completley stranded and I had to interrupt a friend and have them come help.

I replaced mine then bought a NOCO jump box so I don't get stranded again

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have jump a Li-ion jump starter box in all my vehicles too. (y)

How many years was your oem battery?

Ellisstrong

Reaction score

I have had this everstart H8 in my ram too

Rambilt

Reaction score
Finally got my Battery replaced. There was a sale at Sam's, it's not much of a sale but enough for me to get an ok from the wife. I attached a picture of the original battery and the little adapter that you have to removed in order for the H8 battery to fit in the battery tray.

image2.jpeg image0.jpeg image1.jpeg

barrak

Reaction score
Question ... how long can you keep a new battery on the shelf?

When I go to Walmart, Costco, or Sams, I often check if they have H8 AGM in stock. Sometimes they do, and then they run out. Can I buy one now when I see it in stock and keep it until I need it?

H7 is easy enough to find. But that elusive H8 AGM is a crap shoot at the stores. I'm worried that I can't find it stock when my stock oem battery craps out.

Also, you can get the H8 battery blanket from eBay: 5033397AE for sale | eBay
About the only concern is the diminishing warranty duration. Heads up on Costco's battery warranty. They recently switched to a 3-year pro-rated warranty. Found out last month when I replaced my Interstate battery for a full refund after 13 months based on the old warranty.

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Finally got my Battery replaced. There was a sale at Sam's, it's not much of a sale but enough for me to get an ok from the wife. I attached a picture of the original battery and the little adapter that you have to removed in order for the H8 battery to fit in the battery tray.

View attachment 172017 View attachment 172019 View attachment 172018

Really? I can't imagine asking my wife permission to buy anything, let alone a battery for my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread