5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H&K check all 19?

doomtrader

Reaction score
Is there any good way to check does all the 19 speakers work correctly?
I've got a passenger's on my back seat last weekend and they were claiming that the backdoor speaker isn't working.
Is there a way to check them all other than putting your ear next to it?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Is there any good way to check does all the 19 speakers work correctly?
I've got a passenger's on my back seat last weekend and they were claiming that the backdoor speaker isn't working.
Is there a way to check them all other than putting your ear next to it?
Yes, go into the audio settings and under the balance fader you can play with the positioning of the sound to check the speakers. Move the dot left right up down and the sound should follow and you can isolate the speaker. Also some of the speakers are "2 or 3 way" meaning one speaker might count as 2 or 3 speakers such as a tweeter literally sitting on top of the woofer. Look up 3 way speaker on internet for a visual if you are confused and need some clarification, a few people have asked where all 19 speakers are located.

doomtrader

Reaction score
I was hoping there is some sort of 1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19 kind of test with every number coming out of different speaker and if you miss one number you would know it doesn't work.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was hoping there is some sort of 1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19 kind of test with every number coming out of different speaker and if you miss one number you would know it doesn't work.
hahahahaha. That’s funny

apexodus

Reaction score
I just purchased a 2020 Rebel with the HK system. The large door speakers have diminished sound (low volume, muffled). The rest of the speakers seem to do well. Has anyone else had issues with their door speakers?

To clarify, my volume is for the entire system is fine. Gets extremely loud and the subwoofer hits, but when I had a passenger say the same thing as the OP, that one of my door speakers wasn't working, I isolated the audio and there definitely seems to be a problem.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2020 Rebel with the HK system. The large door speakers have diminished sound (low volume, muffled). The rest of the speakers seem to do well. Has anyone else had issues with their door speakers?

To clarify, my volume is for the entire system is fine. Gets extremely loud and the subwoofer hits, but when I had a passenger say the same thing as the OP, that one of my door speakers wasn't working, I isolated the audio and there definitely seems to be a problem.

Hi @apexodus - We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Mark
RamCares

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Make sure you have the latest Radio Update if available.
One of my co-workers pointed out to me that one of my rear left was "clicking" or some kind of sound. I'll tear into it to take a look since my work split us into 2 teams and we work 2-on & 2-off schedule to not cross-contaminate the entire building. (I guess they have cleaning crews come in to sanitize every night, and 1 of the managers walks around with some wipes to clean the door handles, etc.)

Turin

Reaction score
The large door speakers have diminished sound (low volume, muffled). The rest of the speakers seem to do well.
[...] my volume is for the entire system is fine.
The doors speakers are only used to produce mid-bass. That might be why yours seem muffled. I'm not saying you don't have an genuine problem but if the overall volume seems okay it's possible that you're just expecting something that isn't supposed to be there.

apexodus

Reaction score
Turin, i appreciate your response, and you are right. I don't have much sound/audio experience, so I stopped by a local sound shop. They basically told me the same thing and kind of walked me through some info on different type speakers.

For me personally, the sound has been good, but seeing the large area for the door speakers and then not hearing the type of sound you would expect coming from it had me concerned. I've read too many threads about people having problems with their systems, so I was looking for clarification. Sorry to hijack the thread, maybe some of this helps the OP as well.

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, go into the audio settings and under the balance fader you can play with the positioning of the sound to check the speakers. Move the dot left right up down and the sound should follow and you can isolate the speaker. Also some of the speakers are "2 or 3 way" meaning one speaker might count as 2 or 3 speakers such as a tweeter literally sitting on top of the woofer. Look up 3 way speaker on internet for a visual if you are confused and need some clarification, a few people have asked where all 19 speakers are located.
On the RAM H&K, all three dash speakers, the top speaker in the front doors and the two speakers in the rear headliner are all the same 2-way (mI’d-range and tweeter). All four lower door speakers are the same one-way bass speakers. The latter are pretty low quality 6x9 paper cone, foam surround, small magnet speakers, probably the weakest link In the factory setup.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
On the RAM H&K, all three dash speakers, the top speaker in the front doors and the two speakers in the rear headliner are all the same 2-way (mI’d-range and tweeter). All four lower door speakers are the same one-way bass speakers. The latter are pretty low quality 6x9 paper cone, foam surround, small magnet speakers, probably the weakest link In the factory setup.
That's pretty weak that Hardon Kardon is putting their name on paper cone speakers. Anyone out there upgrade these 6x9s in their Hardon Kardon setup? If so, how does the sound match up to the other speakers? I would think one would want to replace all of them to match, eeek.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's pretty weak that Hardon Kardon is putting their name on paper cone speakers. Anyone out there upgrade these 6x9s in their Hardon Kardon setup? If so, how does the sound match up to the other speakers? I would think one would want to replace all of them to match, eeek.

There is a thread elsewhere on other's upgrades -- and similar items

Users who are viewing this thread