5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H/K audio upgrade - VAST Improvment

Woolnerc

Reaction score
Howdy guys, installed two kappa 10inch 450 rms subs under rear seat with a infinity kappa 1000 mono sub, signal is off a pac apsub-ch41.. all works, but now looking at speakers. I have the hk system.. do anyone know what ohm the speaks are? Will be run of the stock hk amp, and the anc is bypassed too. Ive read 3 and 4 ohms, not sure what's right

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Howdy guys, installed two kappa 10inch 450 rms subs under rear seat with a infinity kappa 1000 mono sub, signal is off a pac apsub-ch41.. all works, but now looking at speakers. I have the hk system.. do anyone know what ohm the speaks are? Will be run of the stock hk amp, and the anc is bypassed too. Ive read 3 and 4 ohms, not sure what's right
i have the 4ohm focal in my.its ok but cant go higher to really hear it.but we put in the infinity3ohm im my brother ram.Wow its crazy powerful and sounds good 😍 and they worked perfect(y).so i bought them also and plan to hopefully to install in in my this weekend(IMHO,,IMHO)

Attachments

• 103_1603.JPG
    103_1603.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 31LTZhdWDjL._AA400.jpg
    31LTZhdWDjL._AA400.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 37

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
finally finished installing the 3ohm speakers in my and my brother rams.he is running his off the stock "Alpine"amp.and it sounds and works perfect. 🥳 (y)

Attachments

• 20230527_131357.jpg
    20230527_131357.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 41

IvoryTriLimited

Reaction score
Last night I put the pins back in for the ANC and reversed the Metra adapters back to the factory setting for the 6x9's

Not sure how or why, but the ANC and reverse polarity feels better to my head.

The bass is clear and tight. However, it does slightly overpower the 3.5's, so I'll likely start looking that direction pretty soon.

Overall, I really like how the CDTs cleaned up the factory sound.
Just wondering why you went back to factory polarity ? And what differences could you distinguish between factory and revered factory wiring.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just wondering why you went back to factory polarity ? And what differences could you distinguish between factory and revered factory wiring.
Reversed polarity was making my head hurt. But iirc my sub was still connected.

bronco_buster

Reaction score
Can I get confirmation from somebody on the following...

I want to upgrade my 2019 Limited HK dash speakers. Already did the doors, as posted above.

I would like to install the Faital Pro speakers, so are the 4 ohm speakers the ones I want? Do I need to reverse polarity on the Metra 72-7902 connectors?

I assume the ANC isn't affected by the dash speakers in the Limited. Is that correct?

AngryAce

Reaction score
My 2022 Built To Serve came with the Alpine which sucked and the factory sub was terrible. Being a car audio guy, I knew I would upgrade anyway so I would have preferred the base system instead of paying for something that was coming out. I am glad it didn't have the HK system in it but, having the tweeter locations in the door might have been nice. My system is
AMPPro audio interface
JL c7 3-way front stage in custom A pillars
JL c3-650s in rear doors (for rear fill)
JL Audio Stealthbox with 2 12TW3-D8s
JL Audio VX800/8i DSP amp
JL Audio HD1200/1 amp

Custom tuned with a MAX measurement system by a JL Audio rep at a local car audio shop. System sounds absolutely amazing and is way out of the league for the HK and Alpine systems. 20221207_093817.jpg 5-mic array.jpg

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What did you upgrade to?
So I replaced all of mine with infinity reference ones initially. I just got in the cdt cl69 6x9 slim for the front doors in 4 ohm and the cl69 sub for the rear doors. I’ve only purchased put in one of the slim ones and I think it plays louder with much more mid bass than the infinity 6x9 did

Last edited:

BTB123

Reaction score
Thanks to this thread I just swapped the 4 door speakers on my HK system. Very nice improvement. I’ll probably keep swapping. The “HK” speakers were pure ****. I couldn’t believe how light they were.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that are using aftermarket amp and DSP, are you still using the center channel or have you just eliminated it altogether?

Also, are you running 11 ch amp configurations to all the existing speaker locations or just bypassing certain ones?

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that are using aftermarket amp and DSP, are you still using the center channel or have you just eliminated it altogether?

Also, are you running 11 ch amp configurations to all the existing speaker locations or just bypassing certain ones?
1.yes
2.yes

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1.yes
2.yes
Mind sharing your system details? I assume you are using the DSP to sum signals for the center and bypassing factory processing altogether. I have an Ampro feeding my sub amp so can tap into a signal source easily.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mind sharing your system details? I assume you are using the DSP to sum signals for the center and bypassing factory processing altogether. I have an Ampro feeding my sub amp so can tap into a signal source easily.
hey..had to stop and think of how i did it all 😆 .i didnt use the stock wiring for the speakers.my brother and i did it the old fashion way.we ran new speakers wires through out. we never touch the stock wires.there still there.just ran our own.thus is why that center speaker is still working.the dash speakers wires were never touch though.i just use a "Metra"adaptor connector.for them

Attachments

• 71zl16nHzhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    71zl16nHzhL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 600-1522_A_V3.jpg
    600-1522_A_V3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 810J429wc1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    810J429wc1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 8

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hey..had to stop and think of how i did it all 😆 .i didnt use the stock wiring for the speakers.my brother and i did it the old fashion way.we ran new speakers wires through out. we never touch the stock wires.there still there.just ran our own.thus is why that center speaker is still working.the dash speakers wires were never touch though.i just use a "Metra"adaptor connector.for them
Got ya. So the center is being powered off the factory amp. You noticing any timing related interference?

Do you know of any adapters or harness that would plug into the factory harness at the amp and just piggy back the factory wiring instead cutting, splicing, or running new wire?

Actually, this looks to be what I'm asking about.

PAC APH-CH03 AmpPro Harness​

Says it has 22 pin harness that would connect to all channels.other than sub.

Last edited:

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got ya. So the center is being powered off the factory amp. You noticing any timing related interference?

Do you know of any adapters or harness that would plug into the factory harness at the amp and just piggy back the factory wiring instead cutting, splicing, or running new wire?

Actually, this looks to be what I'm asking about.

PAC APH-CH03 AmpPro Harness​

Says it has 22 pin harness that would connect to all channels.other than sub.
yes the center is still playing off the stock amp.no timing /interference. i use the "Amp pro"from the stock head unit to the aftermarket amp.the Amp pro has RCA jacks for the front,rear and sub(total of 6)😲😲 100_1743.JPG 188947224_305718354437057_6494740337605238727_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread