5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT sound??

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Can anyone provide the sound of the new GT model?? Been looking for what seems like forever. Thank In advance 👍👍👌👌

jgmac98

Reaction score
I'm also in the minority of loving the idea of the cosole shifter. If I had all the storage that the dial shifter gives me, my wife would just find more garbage to put in there lol.

We ordred a Laramie GT, looking forward for when it shows up. We were told by the dealership that the Rebel would NOT have ventilated seats in the GT package, but I've seen some posts recently that state otherwise. Still happy with the Laramie as there were a lot of options I could not currenlty order on the Rebel that are available on the Laramie.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds similar to a carven clamp kit with the resonators in place. And I’m sure MUCH more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, sounds similar to what you can do with a simple muffler swap with a lot of mufflers out there. Probably for under $250-300 installed, depending on which muffler and where you live. However I'm sure they will sell lots of these cat backs which seems like a large waste of money compared to just simply swapping the muffler out.

It sounds good but you can accomplish the same sound for a fraction of the price, if anyone wants the sound but not the price tag.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
makes me second guess wanting to get an AWE. I wonder if its the same mopar catback thats always been available or something new?
When I was doing some digging. They said it was supposed to be the Mopar Performance system. I think maybe just the muffler was added and they cheaped out. (But it sounds good.)

Reason being this:

-the system on the production trucks have resonators on the tail pipes and every after market Mopar performance Cat Back set I have seen or can look up does not. So it is different at least with that. So definitely not exactly the same.

I would bet money it has a different part number and they had to add the resonators for production for some government code or regulation.

Cajun_

Reaction score
The guy who sold me my truck has been completely unresponsive, I need to get ahold of a dealership to let me listen to a GT in person.
When I was doing some digging. They said it was supposed to be the Mopar Performance system. I think maybe just the muffler was added and they cheaped out. (But it sounds good.)

Reason being this:

-the system on the production trucks have resonators on the tail pipes and every after market Mopar performance Cat Back set I have seen or can look up does not. So it is different at least with that. So definitely not exactly the same.

I would bet money it has a different part number and they had to add the resonators for production for some government code or regulation.

Jeeper

Reaction score
I installed the Solo Performance muffler and absolutely love the growl now....no drone.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

wvinson

Reaction score
Not sure why everyone hates on the rotary shifter, it doesn't bother me...and I absolutely love the space in the console. Nothing like throwing an entire bag of Chinese food in there instead of it rolling around on the floor 😂

Totally agree- what an awesome idea and space saver. And so much easier to change gears!

Users who are viewing this thread