5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT sound??

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
Can anyone provide the sound of the new GT model?? Been looking for what seems like forever. Thank In advance 👍👍👌👌

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m at the dealer and there are two here now but I haven’t been able to get a salesman who’s free yet.

22RebelGT

Reaction score
So has anyone figured out what "passive cold end exhaust" actually means? Literally never heard this terminology in my life lol.

It sounds great tho...
Yes it is Stellantis's term for Cat back exhaust. They refuse to use that term for some reason. They are trying to refer to the cold half of the exhaust system apparently.

Go figure, it makes no sense why they can't just say Cat back exhaust system!!

CPenn1086

Reaction score
Well, I hope there is a part number for it. Would love my truck to sound like that. It is the only thing from the GT Package I am envious of lol. Sounds better then the Mopar exhaust that already exists...

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m at the dealer and there are two here now but I haven’t been able to get a salesman who’s free yet.
I ended up leaving the dealer without ever getting a salesman that was free. I kind of wanted to hear it in person

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I hope there is a part number for it. Would love my truck to sound like that. It is the only thing from the GT Package I am envious of lol. Sounds better then the Mopar exhaust that already exists...
After looking closely at the GT’s on the lot, I have a pretty high level of confidence that the GT cat back exhaust is going to bolt right on to our trucks.

2022LaramieGT

Reaction score
After looking closely at the GT’s on the lot, I have a pretty high level of confidence that the GT cat back exhaust is going to bolt right on to our trucks.

Of course it’s a mopar accessory just like the intake. U can literally buy these off of mopar. The only real difference that the GT package is paying for is paddle shifter, Seats and performance screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun_

Reaction score
Of course it’s a mopar accessory just like the intake. U can literally buy these off of mopar. The only real difference that the GT package is paying for is paddle shifter, Seats and performance screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and a stupid center console shifter that no one asked for. this should not be a thing for trucks. just a waste of space in the center console.

Bigteeze

Reaction score
and a stupid center console shifter that no one asked for. this should not be a thing for trucks. just a waste of space in the center console.
Hmm, weird. I feel like trucks should have some sort of formal shifter. It's a truck not a BMW or Mercedes. Leave the dials for those. Glad they gave us a choice...

22RebelGT

Reaction score
That x1000
I am in the small minority that cannot stand the rotary knob and would give up all the center console space to get rid of it.

Also the GT package is the only way to get ventilated seats on a Rebel. Which for me makes pretty much the perfect truck all round top to bottom, so it was a done deal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread