5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Exhaust?

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Did you ever get someone to send you a picture of their muffler or any other confirmation? I looked at my GT yesterday and the sound was NOTHING like the other reviews you see in videos. Sounded extremely quiet and very much like a stock factory muffler to me.

This is a picture of what is on my Rebel GT.
That looks identical the the regular stock muffler. Not that it is but looks the same. Its gigantic, no wonder the sound is so muted. When I picked up my truck from the muffler shop after they welded in my Magnaflow and I saw the stock monster muffler sitting there I couldn’t believe how big it was compared to the Magnaflow.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
So after meeting with my dealer and putting the truck up on the lift. They have confirmed that the part number is correct with what the GT should have. That being said, they did agree with me that it sounds different from the videos but there's really nothing they can do since all the equipment is correct and doesn't appear damaged. Any one have any more opinions on what could be causing this sound difference? The only part number we checked was the muffler. Could the piping or resonators be wrong?

jgmac98

Reaction score
So after meeting with my dealer and putting the truck up on the lift. They have confirmed that the part number is correct with what the GT should have. That being said, they did agree with me that it sounds different from the videos but there's really nothing they can do since all the equipment is correct and doesn't appear damaged. Any one have any more opinions on what could be causing this sound difference? The only part number we checked was the muffler. Could the piping or resonators be wrong?
I'm glad your dealership looked. All mine did was look at the build sheet and say "yup, Passive Cold End Exhaust... it was put on". Although this isn't surprising given the dealership knew less about the GT package than I did when I purchased it.

I was out today in warm weather so drove a round with windows down, and I was unable at any point to get the exhaust to bark, even after letting off of WOT. I'm sure what is on is correct, but the videos online definitely sound more aggressive. I'm very interested in knowing if you find a solution as your dealership seems to be more willing to at least talk to you about it. My next step is to go to a different dealership and hopefully they have a GT on the lot and see what it sounds like.

t_henrickson

Reaction score
I'm glad your dealership looked. All mine did was look at the build sheet and say "yup, Passive Cold End Exhaust... it was put on". Although this isn't surprising given the dealership knew less about the GT package than I did when I purchased it.

I was out today in warm weather so drove a round with windows down, and I was unable at any point to get the exhaust to bark, even after letting off of WOT. I'm sure what is on is correct, but the videos online definitely sound more aggressive. I'm very interested in knowing if you find a solution as your dealership seems to be more willing to at least talk to you about it. My next step is to go to a different dealership and hopefully they have a GT on the lot and see what it sounds like.
I will definitely keep you updated on what happens with mine. That would be ideal if I could find another GT in person and compare the two but I don't think my local lot has any currently because they sell the second they hit the lot or are already pre sold.

dc51786

Reaction score
New to the forum, just bought a limited over a Laramie GT, hoping to recreate the GT sound on the limited. Does anyone know what muffler is used on the GT? Curious if it's the Borla touring, sport, or atak. Thanks!

jgmac98

Reaction score
just to close the loop on this, using the link @ferraiolo1 shared, I was able to determine that the exhaust on my truck is actually the "Stock" muffler and 1 resonator as well as 1 "GT" resonator. Working with the dealership I purchased it from to get it replaced. Updates will be on the link shared above, even though my truck is not a Rebel.

dc51786

Reaction score
Curious... I've heard the GT exhaust is Borla. Any ideas here - is this the touring, s-type, or something completely different? And if it's different, how does it compare to the touring and s-type?

I have a Limited and looking to duplicate the GT sound. Test drove one and it sounds amazing.

speedbyu

[hacked account]
Reaction score
Curious... I've heard the GT exhaust is Borla. Any ideas here - is this the touring, s-type, or something completely different? And if it's different, how does it compare to the touring and s-type?

I have a Limited and looking to duplicate the GT sound. Test drove one and it sounds amazing.
Not sure who is making it for Ram, but it looks very much like the stock muffler. Same size just different sound. You might be able to order the GT catback from Ram with the GT resonators. The Muffler by itself is not available
Starting to become a long thread but part numbers and answers are in this thread: https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/rebel-gt-exhaust-question.37845/

dc51786

Reaction score
That's the muffler from the Borla S-Type Catback exhaust system and it's definitely 5th gen as it's on my truck.
how do you feel yours sounds compared to the GT? considering getting this system as I can't get my hands on a GT system to drop into my limited. thanks!

Selcher

Reaction score
how do you feel yours sounds compared to the GT? considering getting this system as I can't get my hands on a GT system to drop into my limited. thanks!

The Borla S-Type is louder and deeper for sure, especially after a few weeks. When Diablo releases tuning for the 22's in 6 to 8 weeks I think it'll make the S-Type sound even better. I'm on the fence about adding a CAI but it also affects sound coupled with the tune so maybe the S&B.

dc51786

Reaction score
I ended up going w the Mopar. Tamer than I'd like but a huge huge improvement on stock. Wishing I went for S Type

MO Rebel

Reaction score
I didn’t get the GT exhaust because I didn’t want eTorque. I had originally thought I’d just go with the Carven cut & clamp muffler replacement, but now I’m torn between that and the MBRP. The MBRP sounds pretty good.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn’t get the GT exhaust because I didn’t want eTorque. I had originally thought I’d just go with the Carven cut & clamp muffler replacement, but now I’m torn between that and the MBRP. The MBRP sounds pretty good.

I have the MBRP and absolutely love it. You get that sexy growl and the cool shift noises, but when you get to speed it is quiet as a mouse. Would do again.

Considering getting the B2 Fabrication Resonator Delete kit, as well. THIS VIDEO really sounds so good.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The fitment of the b2 resonator delete is meh imo and they leak every so slightly. I wish I would have just done a full catback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Selcher

Reaction score
I've had MBRP on every Ram I've owned except for this one. Love their sound and quality. Definitely recommend them.

Brewboy73

Reaction score
HI All
I just bought my 22 Laramie G/T a couple of weeks ago. The exhaust sounds great, but it does have the resonators. City driving or idling is very quiet, but hard accelerating makes it scream. I also notice that there is no lag on the accelerator as well. Has anyone with a G/T removed the resonators?

Users who are viewing this thread