5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GT Exhaust vs. True Catback (AWE/Borla/MBRP)

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
I know there's countless threads of exhaust opinions that are all subjective.

With that said, does anyone have experience with the sound level of GT exhaust vs a true catback? I've heard many people say their Borla touring or S type is louder than expected and was curious if the GT was noticeably quieter or similar.

I'd hate to go GT and it be too quiet. Sounds like if the catback is too much you can always add a resonator. Curious if anyone has experience with both.

Adjutant

Reaction score
Ive only heard the GT exhaust twice "in person". They are definitely sporty, turning loud during WOT
Ive always done Borla S-type, and to me, its perfect

The GT exhaust is like if the Borla S-Type, and the Borla ATAK hooked up and had an exhaust baby out of wedlock

Last edited:

JOzzz

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the GT exhaust sound like a Corsa cat back? Sounds very similar to my neighbors Scat Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adjutant

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does the GT exhaust sound like a Corsa cat back? Sounds very similar to my neighbors Scat Pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! its got that "sharp" note to it. very corsa-like

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm confused with the title of this threat. The GT exhaust is a cat back.
It's close if not the same as the S type.
It sounds good under load, but is quiet compared to others while not as full beans.

Kdawg4wheels

Reaction score
I'm confused with the title of this threat. The GT exhaust is a cat back.
It's close if not the same as the S type.
It sounds good under load, but is quiet compared to others while not as full beans.
I may be wrong, but from what others have posted gt still has resonators whereas all the catbacks I’ve seen don’t.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/