5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise rear of truck

Cool guy Mike

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 Limited, when accelerating from standing start and turning either direction I will hear a grinding noise for about 3 seconds. The sound is a direct metal to metal contact. Straight line acceleration from a standing start has no noise. I have jacked up the truck, removed rear wheels looking for rub or wear marks. As of now I have not been able to find any. Brake pads are fine, truck has 44,000 miles, rotors have no grooved marks, unbolted the driveshaft checked rear u joint it is fine. Rear gear oil is fine. I would think this would be easy to find. Stumped........ Anyone have the same problem ???? Thoughts??? Truck tows quite a bit fishing boat (3000 pounds) camper (6000 pounds). On the boat ramp the rear axle is just touching the water ( not over ) for launching the boat. Thanks Mike

Users who are viewing this thread