5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grinding noise after turning truck off - need help locating it

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Twice in the last week I've pulled in the garage and turned the truck off as per usual. I heard a grinding noise - not horrific - that lasted about three to five seconds.

The first time I thought it was the running boards, but as I type this I don't know what made me think they were deploying yet. Perhaps I had opened the door already. The second time I heard it as the seat was going back, so perhaps that was making the sound.

Anyone have a similar experience? Would like to actually pinpoint it so I can advise the dealership accordingly.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Is it your air suspension adjusting. Happens all the time with the air suspension.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
Is it your air suspension adjusting. Happens all the time with the air suspension.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
Could be? I usually put it in the lowest position when I pull in the garage. I did hear it "blow off" the other day too, been a minute since I heard that noise. But it certainly sounds more like a grind, does the air suspension making a grinding noise?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds more like a fuel pump thing …. I get it too, and I do not have air suspension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lpsouth1978

Reaction score
Do you have the E Brake set to automatically engage? Took me a bit after getting my RAM to realize what I was hearing. I ended up turning it off in UConnect.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the E Brake set to automatically engage? Took me a bit after getting my RAM to realize what I was hearing. I ended up turning it off in UConnect.

Sounds possible …. Just a screen setting ?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nope, not that …. My auto engage is off

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
My auto engage is also off. I will try to remember to record every time I pull in there garage for a while

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Mine makes a noise after shutting off too. No air suspension. Gonna check auto engage setting today

Users who are viewing this thread