5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill replacement project - replace entire grill and applique

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Now you just need to snap a full front on photo in the driveway while it is light lol.

sgk

Reaction score
We shall see. I’m actually a fan of chrome bumpers on trucks. Thanks for the support!
That's what i enjoy about these forums, you get to see all sorts of different colour and trim combos, wheels/tire sets, customizations, emblem swaps, add-ons etc. Everyone with there own different taste. You can't like them all but you pick and choose what you do and come up with your own.
Yours will be the first body coloured matched Ram with chrome I've seen, can't wait to see the final outcome.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's what i enjoy about these forums, you get to see all sorts of different colour and trim combos, wheels/tire sets, customizations, emblem swaps, add-ons etc. Everyone with there own different taste. You can't like them all but you pick and choose what you do and come up with your own.
Yours will be the first body coloured matched Ram with chrome I've seen, can't wait to see the final outcome.

Still need to wash the truck lol.

555C8896-B59A-4BD5-9BDB-87272E9840D4.jpeg 33AB8947-1AB5-4B4F-B139-F270871F46F8.jpeg

cjfioren

Reaction score
Unfortunately all out of stock from avondale to all dealers in my area. Only primed.

cjfioren

Reaction score
Yep. Ordered the ivory color match paint and clear from Josh @ avondale and going to have to order the primed header. Gonna try and paint it myself. Should be fun.

cjfioren

Reaction score
Removing the chrome applique and grill on my Laramie and swapping for textured black applique and color matched grill. Also ordered matte black RAM grill letters. Dealer shipped applique and will color match the grill then ship it.

Also included parts diagram below.

I will post pics when all finished.

Part numbers:

1. Textured black applique (Rebel) 68293107AH
If you want primer ready to paint applique the part number is 6BT18TZZAH

2. Primer ready to paint grill 68404864AC (complete set with needed screws for assembly)

3. Matte black RAM grill letters 68298470AA

View attachment 3792 View attachment 3793 View attachment 3794 View attachment 3795 View attachment 3796 View attachment 3797 View attachment 3798
Sorry if the question was asked......if I remove my grille can the 3 pieces of the grille assembly be separated? I wanted to spray just the horizontal "stripes"/"billets" to see if I like before I fully commit.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry if the question was asked......if I remove my grille can the 3 pieces of the grille assembly be separated? I wanted to spray just the horizontal "stripes"/"billets" to see if I like before I fully commit.

Theoretically yes since they come in separate pieces. Problem is they have locking plastic tabs that need to be released along with screws along the perimeter of the interior.

geotex1

Reaction score
Man, now you have convinced me to move forward and get the parts to color match the grill and brow piece and leave my chrome bumper. The balance is perfect! I'm sure this will cost me $800 after parts and paint... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread