5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill replacement project - replace entire grill and applique

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Removing the chrome applique and grill on my Laramie and swapping for textured black applique and color matched grill. Also ordered matte black RAM grill letters. Dealer shipped applique and will color match the grill then ship it.

Also included parts diagram below.

I will post pics when all finished.

Part numbers:

1. Textured black applique (Rebel) 68293107AH
If you want primer ready to paint applique the part number is 6BT18TZZAH

2. Primer ready to paint grill 68404864AC (complete set with needed screws for assembly)

3. Matte black RAM grill letters 68298470AA

applique black 1.jpg grill 1.jpg grill 2.jpg grill 3.jpg grill 4.jpg grill 5.jpg Ram grill diagram.jpg

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
68404864AC is everything listed in picture #2? (minus the RAM letters)

Where you order from, may end up doing this soon too.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
68404864AC is everything listed in picture #2? (minus the RAM letters)

Where you order from, may end up doing this soon too.
Yes. It also includes a bag of screws for assembly. I haven't done the install yet so I don't what else may be needed but since it is a straight swap, I can just reuse things from my chrome grill.

I edited the first post to include the part number for primer ready to paint applique if you want to paint it to match your truck.

I purchased my parts from Avondaleautomotive on eBay. He is a Ram dealer in AZ. Prices are reasonable and includes shipping. I'm in CA and the parts guys are of no help when I started this project. Plus they all want to charge full retail on parts.

John813

Reaction score
Yes. It also includes a bag of screws for assembly. I haven't done the install yet so I don't what else may be needed but since it is a straight swap, I can just reuse things from my chrome grill.

I edited the first post to include the part number for primer ready to paint applique if you want to paint it to match your truck.

I purchased my parts from Avondaleautomotive on eBay. He is a Ram dealer in AZ. Prices are reasonable and includes shipping. I'm in CA and the parts guys are of no help when I started this project. Plus they all want to charge full retail on parts.

Greatly appreciated!
Yea, been going through Avon for most parts as well. Local dealers can't come close with their prices.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

Pretty sweet. Thanks for posting. I may be ordering a kit for my Limited...

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

Can I ask for the cost breakdown?

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can I ask for the cost breakdown?

Since Avondale includes shipping and these are special order items,best to send him a message on eBay. My deal was complicated since I originally ordered primer applique and Rebel grill. Paid for it then switched to textured black applique and primer grill for Laramie.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pretty sweet. Thanks for posting. I may be ordering a kit for my Limited...

Just a caution. Check with Avondale first. The Limited grill is different because of the headlights. You can see pic in the diagram.

John813

Reaction score
Did you email them through Ebay or have a direct email/contact?
I sent an email through ebay for the parts but realized last time I did that it took almost two weeks for a response.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes lol, yes it is and plan on an easy two hours to make it happen. When my parts arrive I’ll drop them off at my bodyshop to have it painted, then do the actual install myself.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Progress!

Two days just to figure out how to remove the front fascia lol.

Still need to finish reassembly of drivers side but it’s done!

Many many thanks to @Kaydee for advice on removal of the fascia.

Users who are viewing this thread