5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grill replacement project - replace entire grill and applique

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Indeed. Looks great.
I am a true believer of PlastiDip. Have used it extensively in many vehicles.
I love that it's not permanent and can go back to stock if get tired of it, in the time it takes to peel it off.

geotex1

Reaction score
^^^. Probably a little more then that. I had my single appliqué sprayed and that ran me $300.00 alone nottome toon the cost of the part. View attachment 9112

Love the Billet Silver!

I have a buddy that paints custom cycles, and charges me fair prices + good bourbon for exceptional work! He said $450-500 for ready-to-paint pieces.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Thank you and those are the best buddies to have lol.

Last edited:

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man, now you have convinced me to move forward and get the parts to color match the grill and brow piece and leave my chrome bumper. The balance is perfect! I'm sure this will cost me $800 after parts and paint... :cry:

Cool! You will love it!

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions on the install.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This post got me thinking. I put Electrical tape over the chromed fins inside the grill. I think it looks OK.
That is exactly what I want to do. I don't mind the Laramie grill; but I always thought it would look better if the fins were black. Thanks for posting the picture! Now I have to decide do I use plastic DIP while its installed, do I remove the grill and have it painted, or do I take it to a wrap shop and see if they can wrap the fins while installed? Now that I see yours I have to do it....it looks so much better.

geotex1

Reaction score
That is exactly what I want to do. I don't mind the Laramie grill; but I always thought it would look better if the fins were black. Thanks for posting the picture! Now I have to decide do I use plastic DIP while its installed, do I remove the grill and have it painted, or do I take it to a wrap shop and see if they can wrap the fins while installed? Now that I see yours I have to do it....it looks so much better.

My nephew does vinyl, and I talked to him this week about pondering how I wanted to tame a little chrome on the front end before I decided I'm swapping in a painted grill and brow trim. Anyway, he said he could wrap the fins in-place or off the truck. Made no difference to him - he's been doing vinyl since 2000.

WA-G

Reaction score
Vinyl wrapped the fins on grille. For your reference.
Would love to try this myself. Did you have a shop do this or diy? Can anyone recommend a DIY film just for this purpose (not the 2ft wide rolls)?

WA-G

Reaction score
This post got me thinking. I put Electrical tape over the chromed fins inside the grill. I think it looks OK.
Han Ridge, How long did the electrical tape hold up? Did you end up doing anything else after the tape?

azzx

Reaction score
Guys,

How can I remove this assembly from my grill?
is it bolted or snapped in place?
I played around with what looks like to be tabs with no success. Do you have to remove the entire assembly in order to access this assembly?
I bought the below ram logo with camera off ebay and want to install it on my RAM.

Last edited:

Laramie_2019

Reaction score
Removing the chrome applique and grill on my Laramie and swapping for textured black applique and color matched grill. Also ordered matte black RAM grill letters. Dealer shipped applique and will color match the grill then ship it.

Also included parts diagram below.

I will post pics when all finished.

Part numbers:

1. Textured black applique (Rebel) 68293107AH
If you want primer ready to paint applique the part number is 6BT18TZZAH

2. Primer ready to paint grill 68404864AC (complete set with needed screws for assembly)

3. Matte black RAM grill letters 68298470AA

View attachment 3792 View attachment 3793 View attachment 3794 View attachment 3795 View attachment 3796 View attachment 3797 View attachment 3798
Can i just buy item #2 which looks like a paintable honeycomb grill, and build it from my existing larmaie grill? Why buy the entire assemply again i just want to de-chrome the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread