5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from West Texas

blankcanvas

Reaction score
I've been searching high and low, but apparently they're exclusive to SCA Performance, and I haven't found anything on their site where they'll sell just the wheels (or any other bits of the BW packages, apparently). The crazy thing is the factory 22" Limited wheels are VERY close to the same pattern, minus the dish. If one were to mask off the beveled edges of the 6 largest voids, paint the whole rim black, then peel the masks, they would look pretty dang close. I don't know that I'll go that far, but with the Plasti-Dip stuff these days, it could be fun to try after the Goodyears wear out and it's time for some new skins.

Here's the pic I saw from the Craigslist Ad, and just had to have it.
schlep1.jpg

After 4 years of rust replacement, fabrication, rebuilding, cuttin', beatin', bangin', grindin', sandin', and more money than if I would've bought a newish GT-500, here we are:
IMG_0600-1.jpg

Here's a link to the web page I made for historical purposes (the blog's not quite complete yet, but there's also a link to the FB photo album with almost 400 pics of all the gory details): http://www.mister4x4.net/cars/Mach_1.htm
You just made my day! You did an amazing job she’s gorgeous!! I don’t have Facebook but I’ll see if it lets me pull up the link despite that

bud007

Reaction score
Mister 4x4 ......... AWESOME JOB (y)

I have a 64 Mercury Comet convertible that is about the same as when you started , unfortunately probably will have to sell it as i have to many other things going on;) but again you did a great job

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm not 'quite' done with it yet, as I have an Edelbrock E-Street EFI system, and still need to finish blending the old with the new A/C components (bracketry and pulleys) to make it all work. Also need to finish up a few cosmetic things and add some subs to the stereo.

I also have a touch of 'Car ADHD,' since I currently have my '80 CJ-7 scattered all over the garage and carport - I'm doing an engine/transmission swap, along with upgrading some other things to carry me into retirement with no major car projects looming (read: expenditures) once I drop papers. For now, I'm waiting for the temps to come down a bit to get back into those things.

Aw bummer on the Comet. It's a lot to take on when they start out in THAT condition.

Users who are viewing this thread