5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granite crystal metallic thread

Josh24

Reaction score
@RcCola I put 285/55/22’s on my 23 Limited a few months ago and have had no rubbing with daily driving in normal or aero mode. Stock suspension. The one time I heard them rub was backing up a steep hill off road with the wheel fully cranked. They are the Toyo Open Country AT3’s though so a bit smaller in diameter than the MT’s (34.3 vs 34.6)and although both 285’s, probably a little less wide as the sidewalks aren’t quite as aggressive.

In terms of noise there certainly is some but i don’t hardly notice it anymore. Used to run 305/55/20 XL Ridge Grapplers that were a bit quieter (especially when new) but didn’t care for them in snow or ice. So far have been very happy with these Toyos and expecting them to be solid this winter.

RcCola

Reaction score
@RcCola I put 285/55/22’s on my 23 Limited a few months ago and have had no rubbing with daily driving in normal or aero mode. Stock suspension. The one time I heard them rub was backing up a steep hill off road with the wheel fully cranked. They are the Toyo Open Country AT3’s though so a bit smaller in diameter than the MT’s (34.3 vs 34.6)and although both 285’s, probably a little less wide as the sidewalks aren’t quite as aggressive.

In terms of noise there certainly is some but i don’t hardly notice it anymore. Used to run 305/55/20 XL Ridge Grapplers that were a bit quieter (especially when new) but didn’t care for them in snow or ice. So far have been very happy with these Toyos and expecting them to be solid this winter.

Good info, thank you.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
i run 20" ko2. 305 55. they are very quiet for AT tires. 75k miles on them and still going strong.

judsonlimited

Reaction score
My second 5th gen and second GCM ram. Just picked it up last Friday.

c6356e93e43754cebd9b7637dffc60a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom1911

Reaction score
East side of Sonora Pass, on 108. My wife and I love it up there. Also we go up 4 to Ebbits Pass a lot. Incredible!

Boom1911

Reaction score
They have some nice hot springs around there. Also like fishing the Little Walker river there near there.

Users who are viewing this thread