5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granite crystal metallic thread

whmoyers3

Reaction score
I think by BigHorn Sport is as good looking as any other 5th gen I’ve seen, including Laramies and Limiteds. Especially since I added the Laramie 20s and the blackout LEDs.

The other day at Walmart, a guy stopped dead in his tracks just to tell me how gorgeous my truck was. I tend to agree!

That truck is a hottie! Lookin’ great Moosem!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Just got my limited. I LOVE the look of the Laramie Sport but I wanted the limited interior more. I'm wondering how hard it would be to get a sport hood and blackout the chrome... She's fine just like she is but y'all got me drooling over the laramie sport exterior. View attachment 32536 View attachment 32537 View attachment 32538
We have a near identical build. I blacked out all tailgate chrome and love it. I also removed the chrome mirror caps and replaced with painted. Was simple to do with suction cup method (search for how to thread). I want to do the grill as painted but it's not a priority right now. Also thinking about doing the side chrome next somehow.

whmoyers3

Reaction score
We have a near identical build. I blacked out all tailgate chrome and love it. I also removed the chrome mirror caps and replaced with painted. Was simple to do with suction cup method (search for how to thread). I want to do the grill as painted but it's not a priority right now. Also thinking about doing the side chrome next somehow.

Sounds amazing! Got any pics?

Where did you get your mirror caps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Picked up my Granite Crystal Limited in late May and I’ve added a few mods since then.

Trifecta soft cloth tonneau cover
Borla S-Type catback exhaust with black tips
LED bulbs in the 3rd brake light array
Mopar bed step
K&N air filter
Tinted taillights
Tinted windows
Lund Bedxtender
Fuel Rebel wheels 22x10
Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires 305/45r22
Garmin 55 dashcam
Revel leveling links
Hellwig rear sway bar
Daystar leveling pads (to be installed)

I’ve got a few more things planned but I’m pretty happy with this truck so far.

f20ba866da4c53049a1cee0634dd7c05.jpg

Last edited:

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
Picked up my Granite Crystal Limited in late May and I’ve added a few mods since then.

Trifecta soft cloth tonneau cover
Borla S-Type catback exhaust with black tips
LED bulbs in the 3rd brake light array
Mopar bed step
K&N air filter
Tinted taillights
Tinted windows
Lund Bedxtender
Fuel Rebel wheels 22x10
Hankook Dynapro AT2 tires 305/45r22
Garmin 55 dashcam
Revel leveling links
Hellwig rear sway bar
Daystar leveling pads (to be installed)

I’ve got a few more things planned but I’m pretty happy with this truck so far.

f20ba866da4c53049a1cee0634dd7c05.jpg
Do you have a pic of the tinted tail lights with the granite? Thinking about doing mine. Did you order from Mopar or have it done to the existing lights?

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Do you have a pic of the tinted tail lights with the granite? Thinking about doing mine. Did you order from Mopar or have it done to the existing lights?

I used a tint from Lamin-X. I chose the gunsmoke color. It's a med tint that still lets the red through. They have two shades darker as well but I didn't want any issues with the popo. The blind spot sensor doesn't get covered so there's still red showing so it won't be a problem.

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_2169.jpeg

kstod21

Reaction score
Damn you got all the goodies on that one. Beautiful truck. That had to sticker at over $70k.
In my search for info on the multi-function tailgate with the Rambox system, I came across one of your posts and then your truck. I can so relate to your comment about the Laramie Sport with no chrome exterior with the Limited interior. That's what I want too! I've been trying to devise ways of getting the best of both worlds. Now that I know it is possible to get the multi-function tailgate with the Rambox system, I've got another requirement on my list to order. Sharp truck, man. Anything you don't like about the new truck? I have a 2014 Tundra Platinum and I'm ready to pull the trigger on the new Ram but now they're switching over to the 2020 models and the website hasn't updated with the 2020 build options yet.

Last edited:

whmoyers3

Reaction score
In my search for info on the multi-function tailgate with the Rambox system, I came across one of your posts and then your truck. I can so relate to your comment about the Laramie Sport with no chrome exterior with the Limited interior. That's what I want too! I've been trying to devise ways of getting the best of both worlds. Now that I know it is possible to get the multi-function tailgate with the Rambox system, I've got another requirement on my list to order. Sharp truck, man. Anything you don't like about the new truck? I have a 2014 Tundra Platinum and I'm ready to pull the trigger on the new Ram but now their switching over to the 2020 models and the website hasn't updated with the 2020 build options yet.

Only thing I'm disappointed with so far is the AC performance. There are plenty of threads on the forums about it and an easy enough hack/fix to perform but still... sucks to have to resort to that on a brand new truck.

I've been pleasantly surprised with everything else so far. I have preferences on the look of the truck but I can change that and it's not really a problem.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
Only thing I'm disappointed with so far is the AC performance. There are plenty of threads on the forums about it and an easy enough hack/fix to perform but still... sucks to have to resort to that on a brand new truck.

I've been pleasantly surprised with everything else so far. I have preferences on the look of the truck but I can change that and it's not really a problem.

After reading about the issues with A/C performance, I've been really scrutinizing it while I'm driving. Yesterday it was 104* here and I got in to go somewhere in the afternoon. It took a few mins to cool down but it was nice and comfortable soon after. I leave it set to Auto and 68* all the time and it works well for me. Is everyone having issues?

whmoyers3

Reaction score
After reading about the issues with A/C performance, I've been really scrutinizing it while I'm driving. Yesterday it was 104* here and I got in to go somewhere in the afternoon. It took a few mins to cool down but it was nice and comfortable soon after. I leave it set to Auto and 68* all the time and it works well for me. Is everyone having issues?
Quite a few folks have had the same kind of issue. Cools but doesn't get cold... I wonder if there's a regional component to this. Here in GA, our air is swampy.. You've got to get the temp down pretty low to wring the moisture out of the air and not feel stuffy. 78 degrees with high Relative Humidity can still feel hot. Might not be the case in other parts of the country where the RH is low.

flynfish

Reaction score
I’m in Colorado and after clamping the hose the temp out of vent went from 52 to 42

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kstod21

Reaction score

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
I swear it's granite crystal metallic!

IMG_20190819_164036.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190819_164055.jpg
    IMG_20190819_164055.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 420

DanMiller0710

Reaction score
Just got my limited. I LOVE the look of the Laramie Sport but I wanted the limited interior more. I'm wondering how hard it would be to get a sport hood and blackout the chrome... She's fine just like she is but y'all got me drooling over the laramie sport exterior. View attachment 32537 View attachment 32538

Looking for your opinion on the Roll-n-Lock Cover. Does it work ok, with the multi-function tailgate? Were you still able to use the tailgate gaskets or did you have to ditch them for the actual multi-function use? I'm looking at a Rebel with the same options and hadn't found a tonneau cover that would work yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online