5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Granite crystal metallic thread

Kelan

Reaction score
Question for my fellow Granite Crystal Metallic friends - have many of you done the ceramic coating? I love this color truck, especially with the contrast against black badging and accessories - but sometimes mine looks a little dull. I wondering if the ceramic would shine the way it does on the black/red trucks - i really see a huge difference when those are posted pre vs post ceramic. I don't want to drop $1k if the nature of our paint is simply a little less grossy, even with ceramic coating.

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
This is my first RAM and I've had her for two months now. Love this truck, she drives great and I think she looks great. Got the 1500 Bighorn with the Sport package. Looking at changing the headlights for the LED style. Any suggestions?

RAM1 (2).jpg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This is my first RAM and I've had her for two months now. Love this truck, she drives great and I think she looks great. Got the 1500 Bighorn with the Sport package. Looking at changing the headlights for the LED style. Any suggestions?

View attachment 63635
Welcome, my suggestion is to go with an oem set and a harness from the Retroshop.

Wsmith

Reaction score

View attachment 63635
I'm doing the same thing. I am going to buy GTR ultra 2 bulbs from Headlight Revolution (simple installation). A friend did it on his 19. Highly impressive is an understatement. Not cheap but a lifetime replacement warranty. I'll be installing this fall. If your looking for complete assemblies there are some threads on here.

Rockitman2000

Reaction score
I'm doing the same thing. I am going to buy GTR ultra 2 bulbs from Headlight Revolution (simple installation). A friend did it on his 19. Highly impressive is an understatement. Not cheap but a lifetime replacement warranty. I'll be installing this fall. If your looking for complete assemblies there are some threads on here.
Thanks for the info. Not sure which way I will go but I do like the styling of the upgraded headlight assembly.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Not sure which way I will go but I do like the styling of the upgraded headlight assembly.
I like the LED assembly as well, it was originally a must have, but went by the wayside. I am going bulbs mainly because of the amount of front end dis-assembly necessary to install the whole assembly. The rear are simple but at over $1,500 just for the rear, it is too rich for my blood. Only $995 upgrade if I would have held out for the premium lighting, but I caved.

brawler1588

Reaction score
Do they make black halogen housing?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes they have that on the black out pkg and I’m sure someone here also has the part numbers that they are willing to share with you. :)

Wsmith

Reaction score
View attachment 63781
It was expensive but I do not regret it at all. The installation is a lot of disassembly but not too bad overall.
What did it cost you for both ends OEM. $995 option at purchase was a steal, all OEM aftermarket have seen have been really high priced. They are a significant improvement in looks and output to the halogens.

ez.allgood

Reaction score
Question for my fellow Granite Crystal Metallic friends - have many of you done the ceramic coating? I love this color truck, especially with the contrast against black badging and accessories - but sometimes mine looks a little dull. I wondering if the ceramic would shine the way it does on the black/red trucks - i really see a huge difference when those are posted pre vs post ceramic. I don't want to drop $1k if the nature of our paint is simply a little less grossy, even with ceramic coating.

Yes, it does make it glossy. One of the first things I did to my truck when I got it.
Another benefit is when it rains/gets wet, the water beads up and slides right off. I put it on all my glass as well.
20200523_120632-01.jpeg IMG_0265 (1).jpg 20200519_170658-01.jpeg 20200417_191035.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread