5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

got tagged this morning

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Driving my normal route to the office this morning, as i wasrolling to a stop in a left turn lane, an elderly gent somehow did not see me and tried to take the same piece of roadway i was occupying. scraped and dented the drivers side from the middle of my door all the way to the far end of the rear fender.
no one hurt, just some bent sheet metal.

i have a ton of stuff coming up in the next few months and now this smack!

be careful out there

Attachments

• IMG_6306.jpg
    IMG_6306.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_6307.jpg
    IMG_6307.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_6308.jpg
    IMG_6308.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 300
  • IMG_6309.jpg
    IMG_6309.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_6310.jpg
    IMG_6310.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 263

klail

Reaction score
Accidents happen and hopefully he had insurance. Make sure to take a before and after. It is always nice to see the results after work is done.

JDBob35a

Reaction score
Glad to hear no one was hurt, hopefully the body shop will do a stellar job and put your truck back good as new!

CompuDav

Reaction score
I have the same patriot blue but without the chrome accent. Love the color but now after seeing those pics I wish I had the accent. That looks amazing!

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Driving my normal route to the office this morning, as i wasrolling to a stop in a left turn lane, an elderly gent somehow did not see me and tried to take the same piece of roadway i was occupying. scraped and dented the drivers side from the middle of my door all the way to the far end of the rear fender.
no one hurt, just some bent sheet metal.

i have a ton of stuff coming up in the next few months and now this smack!

be careful out there
Ouch. Sorry to hear man. Glad you're ok. The truck will get fixed. Love the color.

DM-SC

Reaction score
Sorry to read about the collision.

Seems like there are an increasing number of those these days.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2wd

Reaction score
Good lord that is a good looking truck.

Hope they restore that back to 100%

Gtbrown

Reaction score
Always could have been worse, but that looks like it qualifies for the "Ah Man, that's bad!" category.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thank you for all of the positive replies and thoughts.
i cleaned all of the offending truck's DNA off and washed the truck yesterday. even the wrinkled drivers side!

i have an appointment after work today with a body shop that has a fantastic reputation. hopefully all will be repaired and soon a distant memory.

has anyone ever went after an insurance company for a Diminished Value claim? i have been reading quite a bit but would like some info if anyone would care to share.

again thanks for the love!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
thank you for all of the positive replies and thoughts.
i cleaned all of the offending truck's DNA off and washed the truck yesterday. even the wrinkled drivers side!

i have an appointment after work today with a body shop that has a fantastic reputation. hopefully all will be repaired and soon a distant memory.

has anyone ever went after an insurance company for a Diminished Value claim? i have been reading quite a bit but would like some info if anyone would care to share.

again thanks for the love!

I have gone after the other carrier twice for diminished value. It’s a big deal especially in these days with carfax. Make sure you document and save all receipts since any potential buyer in the future will want to make sure there isn’t extensive body (or frame) damage. Diminished value will come into play more when you have a sports car, collectible, etc but you should def be compensated beyond just the repair value. You deserve compensation for your time, aggravation and diminished value. What’s that worth in $$ terms? It’s mostly subjective but you can put some numbers to it. I would personally ask for between 2.5-5% of the value of your vehicle in diminished value. Expect the insurance company to rebuff your request. Explain to them you will retain an attorney and sue if they don’t settle and you will then request attorney’s fees as well (you don’t really need an attorney though). You might have to take it as far as going and filing the small claims paperwork (which is simple). Once they see you filed an actual claim, they will almost certainly settle, maybe not until the night before the hearing. Not worth it to them to risk say 5k when they can toss you 1-2k extra and be done. Good luck. Don’t let the insurance co off the hook. You deserve it. That’s what we all pay insurance for. It’s your new truck!

Users who are viewing this thread