5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Maps - Volume NOT adjusting

ebland0724

Reaction score
I use google maps a lot, and when connected thru APPLE CAR PLAY, the volume will NOT stay where I adjust it to. When I adjust the volume while GOOGLE is talking (using the radio volume control), it will reduce the volume, but the next time she talks it's right back to where it was before... everytime, very annoying! I've tried adjusting the volume on the phone, and that doesnt work either.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Try it with Apple Maps and see if it’s the same problem. Be good to narrow down to Uconnect, the app (google maps) or the iOS. I use Apple Maps and don’t have the problem you are having.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I use google maps a lot, and when connected thru APPLE CAR PLAY, the volume will NOT stay where I adjust it to. When I adjust the volume while GOOGLE is talking (using the radio volume control), it will reduce the volume, but the next time she talks it's right back to where it was before... everytime, very annoying! I've tried adjusting the volume on the phone, and that doesnt work either.
That is how it works and I am unaware of anything we can do to change it. I just mute the voice on the app because it's way to loud for my liking.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Go into the Google Maps app settings, Navigation menu, and change the volume to “softer”. Works great for me!

jfcody3962

Reaction score
I have the same volume issue using Waze & CarPlay. With my other car (Kia), I am able to adjust the volume while the Waze voice is speaking and the new volume is persistent on future announcements.

DesertRebel

Reaction score
I have the same volume issue using Waze & CarPlay. With my other car (Kia), I am able to adjust the volume while the Waze voice is speaking and the new volume is persistent on future announcements.
I do this in googl maps - it stays at that volume and I can adjust radio volume separate untilI turn off truck ...then I have to adjust again.

I wish there was a way to save the navigation volume setting. The loud/normal/soft settingin the app isn't enough- still too loud... can only adjust low enough through head unit - but setting doesn't stay.

Users who are viewing this thread