5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google map now longer allow to beam from phone to Android auto ?

Jack.

Reaction score
So I noticed that around a week or 2 ago my android auto stop letting me beam my map from my phone > uconnect.

To explain, prior to last week, if I had my phone plugged in and I decided 'hey I'm going to go to the mall' all I had to do was Google the address, click the direction button and it would beam the map onto my uconnect 12".

As of now it no longer do that. When I try to do so it just say map can't open because of android auto or what's not and doesn't beam the directions to my uconnect.

Anyone has this issue as well?

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably not much help, but I haven’t had any issues with google maps on iOS with CarPlay on the 12” uconnect. I’d try forgetting the uconnect on the phone and the phone on uconnect to see if that helps.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like your truck didn't want to go to the mall.

When you say "beam" do you mean wireless and was it somehow using the entire 12" screen? If so, I'd like to know how to do that.

FatNelson

Reaction score
I believe this is an Android auto issue. I have a worker issued 2021 Nissan rogue that I've noticed the same thing on recently. If I unplug the phone and start the turn by turn and plug it back in, it will automatically show on the car screen.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Android Auto won't let you use Google maps in your phone while plugged in. You need to search for address and start the turn by turn directions before plugging in the phone

Jack.

Reaction score
Soooo.. it turned out one of the Google map update broke that feature (prob the late Nov one that auto updated). I just checked the app store and there was an update on Dec 9th that, for some reason didn't auto update like the one prior.

Updated Google map and everything's back to normal lol. I can beam it from my phone > uconnect again while my wire is plugged in.

Jack.

Reaction score
Sounds like your truck didn't want to go to the mall.

When you say "beam" do you mean wireless and was it somehow using the entire 12" screen? If so, I'd like to know how to do that.
Nah I connect via USB. In a sense the issue was I couldn't set the direction on my phone like how I used to when it was connected due to a bad update that's all.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have had the problem of no voice guidance with Google maps. Not just in the Ram. Even when not paired to anything. Anyone else having that issue? I have checked volume and mute and they are correct.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Android Auto won't let you use Google maps in your phone while plugged in. You need to search for address and start the turn by turn directions before plugging in the phone
Mine always has. I just push the voice button on the wheel or the mic on the AA screen and tell it where I want to go?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Mine always has. I just push the voice button on the wheel or the mic on the AA screen and tell it where I want to go?
Using the voice commands is different than trying to use the phone and Google maps app.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Using the voice commands is different than trying to use the phone and Google maps app.
No problems using voice commands for google maps via android auto by long pressing the VR button for me, either.
693AD15B-5107-4C22-882D-745986EC5F73.jpeg

LV426

Reaction score
This is one of the exact reasons why I'm hellbent on the factory Nav/radio being better supported/updated by Ram... I've had several times now where Android auto is glitchy or not working, errors, strange screen behavior (Waze zooming in and out all crazy for example), sometimes text messages are on the screen, sometimes not, volume stuck... Seems like AA is not always reliable and it would be nice to fall back on the factory system yet that's unreliable too...
I wonder if other systems from different car manufactures with a lot of tech (Audi, Tesla, BMW, etc) have the same issues with their infotainment systems?

Last edited:

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How is it different? I have Google Maps running on (the upper half of) my screen and my phone plugged in. It's the Maps app I am using?
I guess I don't follow what you are doing that is different and not working.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How is it different? I have Google Maps running on (the upper half of) my screen and my phone plugged in. It's the Maps app I am using?
With the phone plugged in, you cannot use the touchscreen on the phone to open Google maps and manually enter and address. Call me old school, but I don't like using voice commands, because seems everty time I have tried, it never interpreted what I said correctly. I'd rather just type in in with keyboard on phone

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not using voice commands

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No problems using voice commands for google maps via android auto by long pressing the VR button for me, either.
View attachment 114021
Never said it didn't work with voice commands. But you CAN'T open and manually type in an address on your phone with it plugged into the USB outlet. Which is my preference for entering an address. I don't like voice commands because half the time it never gets what I say correct.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never said it didn't work with voice commands. But you CAN'T open and manually type in an address on your phone with it plugged into the USB outlet. Which is my preference for entering an address. I don't like voice commands because half the time it never gets what I say correct.
Is this you? 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread