5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodyear vs BFGoodrich

SteelCityRags

Reaction score
I’m looking at switching up the tires and I’m trying to decide between the Goodyear Duratracs and the BFGoodrich All-Terrain KO2’s.
I had the 1st gen KO’s on a previous rig and loved them, but have heard high praise for the Duratracs as well.

Any thoughts/likes/dislikes for these?

Thanks!

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both are great choices and perform awesome. I prefer the KO2s in the looks department , I like the slanted sidewall treads vs the vertical ones on the GYs. Went with GY Duratracs simply because my Dad is retired GY and I get 35% off, otherwise I’d get the KO2s personally. Can’t go wrong with either!

SteelCityRags

Reaction score
Ended up going with the KO2’s for new shoes. Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

XmikeX

Reaction score
KO2's by far...stay away from Goodyear products.
can you elaborate? almost everything I have read people really like the duratracs. There will always be some bad experiences but they seem to be like.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
can you elaborate? almost everything I have read people really like the duratracs. There will always be some bad experiences but they seem to be like.
Just not a Goodyear fan...personally, I think there are far better tires in this category.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would agree with most other Goodyear tires but the Duratracs have been the steady and consistent exception. Awesome tires, they stick like glue in rain and snow while still providing a pretty quiet ride. However, I do prefer the looks of the KO2s

XmikeX

Reaction score
I've never been drawn to Goodyear, use to work at discount tire but the ultraterrains seem to get pretty good reviews and are pretty much rebranded duratracs. Rolled the dice and picked some up so ill be able to test some Goodyear's.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
BF Goodrich and Goodyear tires provide excellent performance and longevity. The Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac braking distance was as much as 19 to 20 feet shorter than the BFG All-Terrain KO2. Furthermore, as the velocity of our test car increased, the separation between the two widened.
Goodyear is CRAP!

Users who are viewing this thread