5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye to Florida

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After nearly 30 years down here, I'm heading back to Michigan. Bittersweet for sure. Some family health concerns made our decision. For a year and a half we tried to live with my mother in law at her home and bring her to ours in Florida. That was a failure. I decided it made sense to relocate and keep mom with us up there. She'll be able to keep her doctors and there are some other family members in lower Michigan. The movers come in tomorrow and pack our oddball stuff that I can't pack and then load and head north Wednesday.

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After nearly 30 years down here, I'm heading back to Michigan. Bittersweet for sure. Some family health concerns made our decision. For a year and a half we tried to live with my mother in law at her home and bring her to ours in Florida. That was a failure. I decided it made sense to relocate and keep mom with us up there. She'll be able to keep her doctors and there are some other family members in lower Michigan. The movers come in tomorrow and pack our oddball stuff that I can't pack and then load and head north Wednesday.
I hope your move goes well. It says a lot about you and your family to make a move to take care of a family member. Just think, in a matter of a few months you'll be able to have plenty fun playing in the snow with your rig!

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry about the circumstances that are inspiring the move. However, after living in Florida for the past 17 years; I can't wait to get out of here. I'm a little jealous. Good luck to you.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It sure wasn't in the retirement plans. My wife retired this year and our plan was to buy a motorcoach and hit car events and races around the country with my Camaro or whatever I happened to own. At least I won't have to get out in the crappy weather and slog to work. I'll just sit back those snowy days and ed enjoy watching it come down. The Jeep will become my snowmobile, I think.

tdager

Reaction score
Dang, good on you for putting family first. With that said, that is the absolute WRONG way for me! LOL

I am the one wanting to retire in FL.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dang, good on you for putting family first. With that said, that is the absolute WRONG way for me! LOL

I am the one wanting to retire in FL.
I've seen a lot of families come and go in Florida over the years. Those families can't adjust to Florida weather or it's lifestyle. I lived both on the gulf coast and inland Florida. On the coast you're dealing with tourists a lot and that gets frustrating when driving. Same can be said for a fair number of retirees that shouldn't have a license. Inland it becomes a sauna in n the summer with no afternoon seabreeze to cool things off.
I'll miss it for sure but Michigan isn't bad. Lots of stuff to do. Maybe I'll become a Red Wing fan. I'll still be a closet Gator and Buccaneers fan up in Michigan.
The house/my life is now in boxes. The movers are showing up at 9 tomorrow and then we're off. The Camaro is up there. My wife has dibs on the Ram and that leaves the Jeep for me. Dog rides in the Ram so I'll be solo. We should be in Michigan by this time Thursday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/