5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to order new wheels but have questions?

jwtiger69

Reaction score
0b8876b476be0c8db5960377dada0296.jpg

Also ended up fitting perfectly inline with the fenders. Thanks everyone for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JakeC

Reaction score
Just sharing what I learned on mine, maybe it will help someone:

2022 Ram BTS
Zone UCA's
Eibach Pro Truck Coilovers set at about 5 1/4" on the threads. I think that puts me at about 2.5" of lift (no more ORP springs in the front, so that is not a factor) My truck has about 1/2" of rake.
RAM TRX Wheels (I actually wanted the all black Ram Rebel wheels, but they were harder to find and I finally gave up)
275/70/18 Toyo R/T Trail

The RAM TRX Wheels are 18x9 +19 (where as stock BTS Wheels are 20x9 +18).
I initially purchased 295/70/18's cooper st maxx (Discount Tire stocks lots of Coopers St MAxx in that size) and bought a set of 1/4" Bora slip on spacers (hubcentric to rams). From what I had read, the 1/4" spacers leaves enough lip there for the wheel to still align to the hub and leaves enough threads you dont have to change the lugs.
Well after I bought them and went to get the new tires mounted up I found out Discount Tire wont service with slip on spacers.
Since the 295 was making contact with the UCA we took them off and replaced them with 275/70/18's.
I could have put the slip on spacers on but I dont want to deal with rotating my own tires or going to random tire shops where I have to wait with my vehicle for tire rotations, etc.

While I think it looks pretty good. (I wanted the 295/70/18) I can say that 275 wide tire is borderline for that 9" wide wheel. I dont plan on getting in a situation where I really need to air down signficantly but if I did, I would either want a narrow wheel or wider tire. I think had I found an all black Ram Rebel wheel I probably could have run the 295 without a spacer but it would have been VERY close. Other than airring down signficantly I think this setup should perform really well on the road, towing, in mild offroad such as ranch roads, etc.

I can say these Toyo R/T Trails are VERY quiet and have excellent road manners. One really nice thing about these 275/70/18s is they are only 56 lbs. Keeping the wheel down closer to 33" and the weight down closer to 50 lbs keeps the truck performant, I dont even notice difference in stock from acceleration or stopping performance.

I also bought a 1" rear spring spacer that I decided not to install. So I have that AND the Bora wheel spacers I could sell if anyone is interested. Otherwise they are probably going to waste away in a shelf on the garage.

The changes I would probably make is this exact setup but probably with ICON coilovers and shocks (That is what I had on my Tundra and loved it). I would look for a UCA with less protrusion toward tire. I would probably run the 295/70/18 - though on an 8" wide rebel wheel I think this 275/70/18 would actually be the best performer for the most use cases other than looks.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just sharing what I learned on mine, maybe it will help someone:

2022 Ram BTS
Zone UCA's
Eibach Pro Truck Coilovers set at about 5 1/4" on the threads. I think that puts me at about 2.5" of lift (no more ORP springs in the front, so that is not a factor) My truck has about 1/2" of rake.
RAM TRX Wheels (I actually wanted the all black Ram Rebel wheels, but they were harder to find and I finally gave up)
275/70/18 Toyo R/T Trail

The RAM TRX Wheels are 18x9 +19 (where as stock BTS Wheels are 20x9 +18).
I initially purchased 295/70/18's cooper st maxx (Discount Tire stocks lots of Coopers St MAxx in that size) and bought a set of 1/4" Bora slip on spacers (hubcentric to rams). From what I had read, the 1/4" spacers leaves enough lip there for the wheel to still align to the hub and leaves enough threads you dont have to change the lugs.
Well after I bought them and went to get the new tires mounted up I found out Discount Tire wont service with slip on spacers.
Since the 295 was making contact with the UCA we took them off and replaced them with 275/70/18's.
I could have put the slip on spacers on but I dont want to deal with rotating my own tires or going to random tire shops where I have to wait with my vehicle for tire rotations, etc.

While I think it looks pretty good. (I wanted the 295/70/18) I can say that 275 wide tire is borderline for that 9" wide wheel. I dont plan on getting in a situation where I really need to air down signficantly but if I did, I would either want a narrow wheel or wider tire. I think had I found an all black Ram Rebel wheel I probably could have run the 295 without a spacer but it would have been VERY close. Other than airring down signficantly I think this setup should perform really well on the road, towing, in mild offroad such as ranch roads, etc.

I can say these Toyo R/T Trails are VERY quiet and have excellent road manners. One really nice thing about these 275/70/18s is they are only 56 lbs. Keeping the wheel down closer to 33" and the weight down closer to 50 lbs keeps the truck performant, I dont even notice difference in stock from acceleration or stopping performance.

I also bought a 1" rear spring spacer that I decided not to install. So I have that AND the Bora wheel spacers I could sell if anyone is interested. Otherwise they are probably going to waste away in a shelf on the garage.

The changes I would probably make is this exact setup but probably with ICON coilovers and shocks (That is what I had on my Tundra and loved it). I would look for a UCA with less protrusion toward tire. I would probably run the 295/70/18 - though on an 8" wide rebel wheel I think this 275/70/18 would actually be the best performer for the most use cases other than looks.
good info!

Users who are viewing this thread