5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Go Figure!

Filmoreranger

Reaction score
Brand spanking new 2021 Ram 1500. Saw some fresh spots in the garage the other day, so that raised my awareness. Walking to my whip after work and found this fresh spot. This just confirms it. Service appointment next week. Anybody have the same issue?
ad41f5ee68618ebac9da349170dfb832.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Brand spanking new 2021 Ram 1500. Saw some fresh spots in the garage the other day, so that raised my awareness. Walking to my whip after work and found this fresh spot. This just confirms it. Service appointment next week. Anybody have the same issue?

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Could the filter be loose? I believe the filter is right above there? The only time my 19 or 21 left oil drops was just for a few days after a oil change!

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably loose oil filter or just the mess left behind. I had to clean mine up after the complimentary "free" change from my dealership

1D32319

Reaction score
Where is it leaking from? Did you change the oil lately and this is some of the leftovers from the filter's mess dripping on parts?

My only "leak"(not a leak) aggravation is from the weep holes in my exhaust. Usually a drip or two a days of carbony/oily water onto my garage floor that I have to pressure wash off.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Hi Filmoreranger,
If you need any additional assistance alongside your dealer, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Ram Cares

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Well, you don’t list in your signature the engine so it’s hard to tell. My guess is that spot simply indicates a Ford Ecoboost was previously parked there!

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, you don’t list in your signature the engine so it’s hard to tell. My guess is that spot simply indicates a Ford Ecoboost was previously parked there!
Gotta be the truth lol. Both my turbo's decided to leak at 42k miles on my ecoboost. :LOL:

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, echoing the others here. Looks to be where the oil filter is. Did they do an oil change before you drove off the lot? The factory oil filter is usually spun on by the staff silverback gorilla, so if it's loose I'd bet they did a change. -OR- there's a lot of residual oil from the filter change (it can be a very messy operation to change the filter, it's in a poor location).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I agree that it looks like it's coming from the oil filter arear (assuming Hemi). My question is why would they do an oil/filter change on a brand-new truck? OP failed to mention the mileage, but he called it a "brand spanking new 2021 Ram 1500".

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta be the truth lol. Both my turbo's decided to leak at 42k miles on my ecoboost. :LOL:
Those Ecoboosts leak oil from the turbos almost a easily as oil leaked from my old International Transtar with a Detroit diesel. It’s hard to believe that spot under his Ram came from his truck if brand new…gotta be “Ecoboost tracks”!

Users who are viewing this thread