5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gme-t6 inline 6 news

NDanecker

Reaction score
Found this interesting video on engines. No real date but it seems FCA is moving away from the v8 in the coming years. Not happy but not surprised. My guess we'll see the new inline 6 in 2021.

My1stHemi

Reaction score
But it will not sound like a Hemi!
Having owned a number of older Mercedes with the m130, m103, m104 straight six engines, I am excited by this news. Straight sixes are so smooth and they all sound sooo sweet. Not a V8 bravado, but aural pleasure indeed. Every time my coworkers start up their F-150 ecoboost trucks its like hearing a minivan trapped in a truck body.

DakotaRam

Reaction score
We had a 2005 Grand Cherokee with the in-line 6. Great mileage and power for what it was

Boston

Reaction score
The T6 should provide more hp and torque at lower rpms than today's 5.7. Count me in.

It's the obvious way forward. I've owned V6 and we picked up a used turbo straight six Volvo for the wife. Thing has 300hp and 325 Ft lb at 1500rpm and is as smooth as silk. Press the loud pedal and it turns up the HP big time.

So yeah straight six turbo is just fine to me in a truck.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Inline 6 is one of the most balanced engine configurations. Also, as a bonus, 40% fewer moving parts than a V6 so a lot less stuff to go wrong

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow! Now that's an engine from many decades ago....and GM had their 292 six. o_O
Solid and torquey, those old straight-sixes.

There are still some tractors sporting that configuration on the family farm.

Americantruck04

Reaction score
I feel like they would replace it with the current v6 in stead of getting rid of the hemi

Boston

Reaction score
Nope. And now we have the Peugeot connection to contend with.

Users who are viewing this thread