5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glass pack installed??

79 300

Reaction score
Do they still make those things?? I had them on some cars in the seventies. They start out sounding OK, but get louder and louder as they age and the fiberglass burns out. I remember replacing the Cherry Bombs after a year or so.

I think flowmaster type performance mufflers have pretty much replaced them.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cherry BomBs on my 99 V10. Just installed them in September.

Cherry BoMb makes all different kind of mufflers. From quiet turbo mufflers to the classic straight through glasspack.

You can buy glasspack mufflers fairly cheap...but I don't think it is going to be pleasant with the MDS.

I thoroughly enjoy mine...makes it sound like a Viper lol

Reduxalicious

Reaction score
I have flow-masters with the resonators still

When MDS kicks in it sounds like my old 3.5 EcoBoost briefly. Almost surreal sounding, I want to do a resonator delete but decided against it as I heard my self driving away and its plenty loud (these new cabs are just quiet)

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do they still make those things?? I had them on some cars in the seventies. They start out sounding OK, but get louder and louder as they age and the fiberglass burns out. I remember replacing the Cherry Bombs after a year or so.

I think flowmaster type performance mufflers have pretty much replaced them.
Okay good to know
I have flow-masters with the resonators still

When MDS kicks in it sounds like my old 3.5 EcoBoost briefly. Almost surreal sounding, I want to do a resonator delete but decided against it as I heard my self driving away and its plenty loud (these new cabs are just quiet)
What flowmasters do you run? Looking for something that sounds good but not loud in the cab

Users who are viewing this thread