5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get tint strip on top windshield: yea or nay?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Being tall and looking more out the top of the windshield I wouldn't get it as I think it would drive me crazy having that cut off line right in my field of vision.
This^^^

I rode in a friend's truck that had the tint banner. As you said it was annoying as I was either trying to sit up higher to look through it, or duck under to look below it. There was no good position where it didn't bother me

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve got my windshield tinted at 50% and it’s absolutely perfect, I don’t need to wear sunglasses anymore in the truck and rarely have to put the visor down. If I could do it over I’d go with 40 or 35%. Driving at night isn’t an issue either.

The big misconception is that the darker tint is dark on both sides and that is not true at all. High quality tint will barely look darker when looking out but it shows when looking in. I think the shop I had it done at uses 3M crystalline series tint.
I have 35% on my entire windshield, I still wear sunglasses when the sun is out. Not sure how people wouldnt. As you said, it doesn't really seem like it blocks that much light looking out.

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the "brow" added when I had my front side windows done. I'm 5'9" and it doesn't bother me, but it doesn't do much with lower sun angles, I still need to use visors.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had the "brow" added when I had my front side windows done. I'm 5'9" and it doesn't bother me, but it doesn't do much with lower sun angles, I still need to use visors.
I don't think I've ever used my visors to block the sun. Just sunglasses. And with all the posts about broken visor mounts, sounds like that's a good thing.

JOzzz

Reaction score
Nay. I’m too tall for it. Tint the whole thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At Night I find myself trying to look under the tint to see, but
then i realize that it is the Headlight beam cutoff I am trying to look
under and not the Tint Strip. DOH!

Malodave

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Funny, at 5’9”, I wanted my strip an inch lower than the standard height but was advised against it. Only used the visor a handful of times though.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck has the brow. I'm 6'2. It's fine. I like it and put it on all of our vehicles. I sit pretty far back and low in my truck. So it doesn't impact my view out of the windshield. I've considered tinting the whole windshield but since we roll with illegal tint on the sides I decided to not add anymore fuel to that fire. There's also an argument that I should just go ahead and do it for that same reason though. Owner's choice lol.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also have some "cling" tint to put on the side window to help with
the bright lights of other cars coming from the side mirrors. It just
peels off if needed and can be reapplied.

Malodave

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have full widnshield 50%, PLUS a 10" or 12" strip of 5% that goes even with bottom of mirror. Love it!! Had it on my last 2 RAMS as well. Yes it's Illegal. No need to preach :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Marine6212

Reaction score
My truck has the brow. I'm 6'2. It's fine. I like it and put it on all of our vehicles. I sit pretty far back and low in my truck. So it doesn't impact my view out of the windshield. I've considered tinting the whole windshield but since we roll with illegal tint on the sides I decided to not add anymore fuel to that fire. There's also an argument that I should just go ahead and do it for that same reason though. Owner's choice lol.
Your windshield is factory tinted to 70%. Add a 70% ceramic to the front windshield and it's not intrusive at all. Cops can still see in but the heat is reduced 40-50%..

Users who are viewing this thread