5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General concensus for exhaust?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That looks great man!

I'm going to be that pain in the *** and ask for "what about the videossss"
If I can request only 4? With decibel meter not needed?
1) A real cold start, after it's sat a while
2) driving away, low RPMs (regular take off)
3) Driving away, putting some mustard on it
4) In cabin!

(Or, failing that, just opinions on the above!)

Great taste on the colored RAM logo man!
We have similar tastes, so I'm going to take your magnaflow recommendation pretty seriously
Thanks! The flag treatment on your letters looks killer, too! I will post some exhaust video's when weather gets a little better out. Definitely doesn't take much radio volume to cover highway cruising cabin noise when engine not working hard. I listened to the 3 levels of Borla exhaust truck rev and hard take off videos and not a fan of crackle and harsh bark kind of sound and none of the Magnaflow cat backs videos seem to do that. I like the "distant thunderstorm" sound others described and I agree. If you have some decent headphones, use them to listen to the exhaust videos as it gives more accurate bass sound.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks! The flag treatment on your letters looks killer, too! I will post some exhaust video's when weather gets a little better out. Definitely doesn't take much radio volume to cover highway cruising cabin noise when engine not working hard. I listened to the 3 levels of Borla exhaust truck rev and hard take off videos and not a fan of crackle and harsh bark kind of sound and none of the Magnaflow cat backs videos seem to do that. I like the "distant thunderstorm" sound others described and I agree. If you have some decent headphones, use them to listen to the exhaust videos as it gives more accurate bass sound.

I thought I was the only one!
It really is the absolute best way to figure out the sound.
I'm with you, I don't like pops, crackles, chattering, "Clinking".
I want "powerful but mellow" sound.

Interesting, you're saying even under hard take off the Magnaflow sound is kinda mellow?
(Louder than stock, noticable, but mellow)?

Odd question: Lets say I had a sleeping young kid, if I drove responsibly, could they sleep?

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes, a sleeping child wouldn't be bothered unless you climbed a steep hill and engine had to raise rpm's and was doing serious work, or a Prius finally got out of fast lane and your right foot forgot about the sleeping child. :rolleyes: Driving easy the 8 spd keeps rpm's low enough that you just get a low rumble rise before each upshift. If radio at around 6 (volume level) it pretty well masks sound. There are a couple "inside vehicle" videos that the guy is driving through a neighborhood up to 30 then goes a little faster. Listen with headphones for realistic bass. If you tromp on it it will make much more aggressive sounds like hot rod days but driving easy keeps sound way down.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes, a sleeping child wouldn't be bothered unless you climbed a steep hill and engine had to raise rpm's and was doing serious work, or a Prius finally got out of fast lane and your right foot forgot about the sleeping child. :rolleyes: Driving easy the 8 spd keeps rpm's low enough that you just get a low rumble rise before each upshift. If radio at around 6 (volume level) it pretty well masks sound. There are a couple "inside vehicle" videos that the guy is driving through a neighborhood up to 30 then goes a little faster. Listen with headphones for realistic bass. If you tromp on it it will make much more aggressive sounds like hot rod days but driving easy keeps sound way down.

Ever come home at 3am on an icy cold night, trying not to wake up the neighborhood, and then see that hill ahead? LOL

Very good take though, and I guess I'll just have to look forward to humbling a prius or two.
Every day.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i bought the 18" moderate magna flow unit from B2 Fabrications. i emailed them about the availability for the 2019. they are fabing them now.
i paid $260 shippped, going to have it installed friday.

sound clips:

pasteris71

Reaction score
Woohoo.....My Magnaflow 19429 cat back arrived yesterday by FedEx at 11:30 and by noon I was headed with it to exhaust shop! It has a nice rumble at idle and definitely sounds great when you play "kid driving a hotrod" running it up to 80 entering a freeway ramp (watching out for mr policeman, of course.) As soon as you level off cruising speed it gets nice and quiet. It seems to me that it might have more low end torque as it takes off so easy with not much throttle. The eco light seems to come on a lot more so maybe mileage might get some help "IF" my right foot takes it easy. The layout and pipe diameters looks larger and much cleaner overall design. The factory system is heavier with more twists and turns. Magna flow quality looks top notch. Very happy so far!!! I decided to order a polished tip unit for my Rebel to add some bling as it has a lot of black. :D View attachment 10717 View attachment 10718 View attachment 10719

That is a sweet damn ride!

anthtony

Reaction score
I gave the Magnaflow Cat-back system a try on my 2019 1500 limited and after 20 minutes decided it just wasn’t my “thing”. Anyone interested in an exhaust system that’s essentially brand new?

https://www.realtruck.com/magnaflow...88JlEootkSMTxcu8LM24Usgm9cAAf8vRoCtssQAvD_BwE

d463617a38452154bdf8b8922c9a7bdf.jpg

anthtony

Reaction score
Whatwhat?

what happened?

I decided I prefer the stock exhaust. I literally drove it around the block a few times. Nothing wrong with it though. I took the OEM exhaust out very carefully so I could switch back in the event I wanted to keep stock.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I decided I prefer the stock exhaust. I literally drove it around the block a few times. Nothing wrong with it though. I took the OEM exhaust out very carefully so I could switch back in the event I wanted to keep stock.
Where are you located?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Alright

different strokes for different folks!

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sound changes after a few hundred miles. I thought about swapping back to the factory muffler, after a couple of days. Glad I didn’t, the exhaust note is very very nice with the 18” B2 Fabrications unit I have.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The sound changes after a few hundred miles. I thought about swapping back to the factory muffler, after a couple of days. Glad I didn’t, the exhaust note is very very nice with the 18” B2 Fabrications unit I have.

On my Gen4 Rebel I had a Borla XR1 put on.
I almost took it off too, but eventually didn't and fell in love with the sound.
To me, I personally want and need to hear that V8.
I don't like this factory exhaust note because, to me, it's just too damn quiet.
I can barely hear it, and darn it I want to hear it!

Truckin

Reaction score
I have used Borla Touring cat-backs on 5.0 & 6.2 F150's and always loved them, really only time I noticed it was not stock (in-cab) was when I nailed it...I have a Borla Touring cat-back waiting for my Longhorn to arrive, hopefully my love of Borla will continue...They do seem to need a break-in period to mellow a bit though.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I gave the Magnaflow Cat-back system a try on my 2019 1500 limited and after 20 minutes decided it just wasn’t my “thing”. Anyone interested in an exhaust system that’s essentially brand new?

https://www.realtruck.com/magnaflow...88JlEootkSMTxcu8LM24Usgm9cAAf8vRoCtssQAvD_BwE

d463617a38452154bdf8b8922c9a7bdf.jpg
PorBoy has addiction to aftermarket exhaust systems so he may be ready for another "fix". (He is only on his 4th system) lol Sorry.......couldn't resist! Warped sense of humor. I hear he installs them with high temp velcro so they are easy to swap. lol :ROFLMAO::rolleyes::D:giggle:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread