5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

General concensus for exhaust?

Kurant

Reaction score
I just got my Limited after about 2 1/2 months of waiting for my order, and was looking into getting a new muffler at the very least. I had Spintech on my SRT8 Jeep and really liked the way it sounded. Are people generally removing the resonators as well?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the resonators on mine. I put a Flowmaster Outlaw on and with the resonators I thought it sounded terrible. Ot was too quiet and the resonators gave it a leaky exhaust type sound from the weepholes. I ended up putting a Carven catback on it.

Shanesrt8

Reaction score
Carven progressive cat back here. It's loud and i love it

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Magna flow cat-back on order with polished long tips to add thunder and bling to my Rebel.
Hopefully shipped around 12-12-18 so I can make some noise! $621 on sale to door is heck of a deal by Hottexhaust.com 25%off free shipping FYI...just added red vinyl decal letters to R A M and painted tow hooks with Duplicolor rattle can in flame red truck paint color. What do you think? IMG_3391.JPG IMG_3406.JPG

Last edited:

RenoRam

Reaction score
Magnaflow 19430 catback for me. Love the old school V8 sound. There are some good choices if you go with a catback (Magnaflow, Borla and Carven to name a few). Just depends on what you are looking for. Good luck and post up your decision.

Kurant

Reaction score
Unfortunately shipping doesn't seem to be an option for Alaska for Craven, which is what I wanted. Trying to find a courier to truck it up here from Seattle. You'd think that would be easier, but it hasn't proven to be yet. Lol.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Corsa to release an exhaust. Last email I had from them was January time frame.

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Just pulled the trigger on a magnaflow mf 19429 polished system. Shopped around a bit online and got 20% off from Hotexhaust.com yesterday. $662.62 shipped to my door. Will be the first of the year before I can get it installed.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woohoo.....My Magnaflow 19429 cat back arrived yesterday by FedEx at 11:30 and by noon I was headed with it to exhaust shop! It has a nice rumble at idle and definitely sounds great when you play "kid driving a hotrod" running it up to 80 entering a freeway ramp (watching out for mr policeman, of course.) As soon as you level off cruising speed it gets nice and quiet. It seems to me that it might have more low end torque as it takes off so easy with not much throttle. The eco light seems to come on a lot more so maybe mileage might get some help "IF" my right foot takes it easy. The layout and pipe diameters looks larger and much cleaner overall design. The factory system is heavier with more twists and turns. Magna flow quality looks top notch. Very happy so far!!! I decided to order a polished tip unit for my Rebel to add some bling as it has a lot of black. :D IMG_3432.JPG IMG_3433.JPG IMG_3406.JPG

Last edited:

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Woohoo.....My Magnaflow 19429 cat back arrived yesterday by FedEx at 11:30 and by noon I was headed with it to exhaust shop! It has a nice rumble at idle and definitely sounds great when you play "kid driving a hotrod" running it up to 80 entering a freeway ramp (watching out for mr policeman, of course.) As soon as you level off cruising speed it gets nice and quiet. It seems to me that it might have more low end torque as it takes off so easy with not much throttle. The eco light seems to come on a lot more so maybe mileage might get some help "IF" my right foot takes it easy. The layout and pipe diameters looks larger and much cleaner overall design. The factory system is heavier with more twists and turns. Magna flow quality looks top notch. Very happy so far!!! I decided to order a polished tip unit for my Rebel to add some bling as it has a lot of black. :D View attachment 10717 View attachment 10718 View attachment 10719

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Woohoo.....My Magnaflow 19429 cat back arrived yesterday by FedEx at 11:30 and by noon I was headed with it to exhaust shop! It has a nice rumble at idle and definitely sounds great when you play "kid driving a hotrod" running it up to 80 entering a freeway ramp (watching out for mr policeman, of course.) As soon as you level off cruising speed it gets nice and quiet. It seems to me that it might have more low end torque as it takes off so easy with not much throttle. The eco light seems to come on a lot more so maybe mileage might get some help "IF" my right foot takes it easy. The layout and pipe diameters looks larger and much cleaner overall design. The factory system is heavier with more twists and turns. Magna flow quality looks top notch. Very happy so far!!! I decided to order a polished tip unit for my Rebel to add some bling as it has a lot of black. :D View attachment 10717 View attachment 10718 View attachment 10719

That looks great man!

I'm going to be that pain in the *** and ask for "what about the videossss"
If I can request only 4? With decibel meter not needed?
1) A real cold start, after it's sat a while
2) driving away, low RPMs (regular take off)
3) Driving away, putting some mustard on it
4) In cabin!

(Or, failing that, just opinions on the above!)

Great taste on the colored RAM logo man!
We have similar tastes, so I'm going to take your magnaflow recommendation pretty seriously

Attachments

• America2.png
    America2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 45
  • America.png
    America.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 43

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
For the record. I am currently watching all the 19 ram exhaust vidoes on youtube on this rainy Saturday:)

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For the record. I am currently watching all the 19 ram exhaust vidoes on youtube on this rainy Saturday:)

I was pretty married to the idea of a borla touring, buuuut, witha good deal on magnaflow, some good reviews, AND the stock quietness is killing me?
This is an open competition now!

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I'm team magnaflow now. Ordering soon from hotexhaust. The customer service is absolutely awesome, they're very professional, and frankly between them and some really good reviews, they won me over from a "Definite" on Borla!

Last edited:

RenoRam

Reaction score
That is the same place I bought mine from. Good service, pricing (with discount code) and direct shipment from Magnaflow. Well worth it and dont think you will be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread