5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen 5 Reverse LED light bulb upgrades.

CarRamRod

Reaction score
Either that or it could just be what we're comparing it on. I did not own a prior gen 1500, so I have no way of knowing if better or worse, but my prior vehicle was pretty awful at night, and compared to that vehicle, my new Limited kills it, even at night w/ no other ambient lighting.

You're right. It's completely subjective based on many factors. I didn't even have a reverse camera in my previous vehicle so this is a vast improvement, but I can't even see the edges of my driveway at night so that is where my evaluation is coming from.

RebelMike

Reaction score
I had a '14 Sport that had a beautiful picture at night, nice and bright and clear even in the darkest areas. Only ever needed the reverse lights to see clearly. The new one is beautiful during the day, but at night, it's dark, and grainy as others have mentioned. If I am out in the country away from ambient light, it's almost hard to use. My wife has a '16 Honda CRV that has a backup camera that is not nearly as nice of a picture as the new Ram's during the day, but at night hers is WAY better than my Ram. I don't know if it's lack of light from the reverse lights, or just bad cameras, but it's frustrating for sure, when I know my '14 worked great, now this one, not so much.

geotex1

Reaction score
I had a '14 Sport that had a beautiful picture at night, nice and bright and clear even in the darkest areas. Only ever needed the reverse lights to see clearly. The new one is beautiful during the day, but at night, it's dark, and grainy as others have mentioned. If I am out in the country away from ambient light, it's almost hard to use. My wife has a '16 Honda CRV that has a backup camera that is not nearly as nice of a picture as the new Ram's during the day, but at night hers is WAY better than my Ram. I don't know if it's lack of light from the reverse lights, or just bad cameras, but it's frustrating for sure, when I know my '14 worked great, now this one, not so much.

Same exact experience between my 2014 Sport and my 2019 Laramie. Soon to be corrected via mod! :D

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do come from a old pos that didn’t have cameras. But through the years of driving the wives van. I put , atleast my trucks camera up to it x10 times of van. Day or night, again my camera is amazing on truck! Vans is good, the truck makes it look bad. If I hit brake pedal even more light at night.

Maybe a bad batch. Idk. From my truck and my perspective it’s awesome lighting and clearity.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Assuming this upgrade is intended for trucks with halogen reverse bulbs.
Limited trims (and assuming Laramie Longhorn) come with LEDs from the factory and are plenty bright in my opinion.
I have a 19' Longhorn and the reverse LED's are horrible. I have been patiently waiting to see if anyone has found an upgrade for this.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. I feel that most of us are in the same boat, desperately waiting for a manufacturer to help us out....

dad2steph

Reaction score
Check out my post for the License Plate Reverse Light in the exterior section. Solved all my reverse light and camera issues

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think I might just go ahead and order these bulbs tomorrow after I take out my stock led light assembly to ensure they will work with these new bulbs. Will report back once I get them installed.
I pulled mine a while back to look. Nothing can be replaced aince it is a fully integrated assembly.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How about upgrading the cargo lights to high output LEDs and when needed turn on while backing up for extra light. I am pretty sure truck lets you turn them on while in gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online