5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gen 4 Bed Cover on your Gen 5?

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've researched the topic as well and also measured a 4th gen 5.7 bed and a 5th gen 5.7 bed. From my measurements and research, they're basically identical. I'm in the market for a bed cover too, I just have ramboxes so it makes my options more limited. But if I find one for a 4th gen for a good price, I'm gonna get it and try it. I'm 99% sure there wouldn't be any issues.

kingcole

Reaction score
Following up on this, as I am in exactly the same situation: found a local Bakflip MX4 for a 4th Gen with Ramboxes for a great price, but google is telling me that it won't fit my 2019 Ram Limited with RamBoxes... part numbers from Bakflip are different as well. Can someone confirm fit, and tailgate release, etc. function? Thanks so much.

Jeffawats

Reaction score
I had a BAK Revolver x4 on my 18 4th gen and the cover did not fit my 22 new body.. I put a X4S on my new truck over the weekend looks awesome.

kingcole

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!

I'm wondering about specifically the 4th gen Bakflip MX4 on a 5th gen, though. Has anyone given this specific setup a shot? Again, I've got a line on a cheap used MX4, but it's for the 4th gens, and I'm getting conflicting info on fitment. Thanks again in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread