5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gator EFX Rail Issues

rylock21

Reaction score
Just installed the Gator EFX on my truck but can’t for the life of me get the rails to sit flush, causing the cover to not fully engage the clips. I made sure the rail clamps were fully seated but as soon as I start tightening, the rail seems to dip slightly inward. Anyone installed this before have tips? I am using the top notch on the clamps as that seemed to be the best seating but the instructions aren’t super clear.

SShadow1974

Reaction score
If the rail is tilting in one direction or the other, try using the other notch in the clamp. I don't have the Gator EFX, but I had to use the bottom notch when installing my TonneauPro. Also, make sure the clamp on the inside of the bed rail is all the way to the underside of the bed. I had to loosen and then readjust a couple of my clamps because they were 1/4" too low.

rylock21

Reaction score
If the rail is tilting in one direction or the other, try using the other notch in the clamp. I don't have the Gator EFX, but I had to use the bottom notch when installing my TonneauPro. Also, make sure the clamp on the inside of the bed rail is all the way to the underside of the bed. I had to loosen and then readjust a couple of my clamps because they were 1/4" too low.
Thank you for the tip, will try to adjust them today.

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're experiencing with getting your EFX tonneau cover to install properly. You may need shims to accommodate for the rail "tilt" or it could be that the front clamp is in the wrong position. I'll send you a PM with more information!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the roll up or tri-fold version? I have the Gator ETX soft roll up on my truck and had no issues with install.

Users who are viewing this thread