5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas tank size

Air1fam

Reaction score
Alaska and Hawaii have high fuel prices but they arent the “48”.
20.80 gallons to fill up right after low fuel warning. 26 gallon tank. So 5 to 6 gallons remains in tank as low fuel warning. At least for my truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
20.80 gallons to fill up right after low fuel warning. 26 gallon tank. So 5 to 6 gallons remains in tank as low fuel warning. At least for my truck.
Your truck might be doing what mine has recently started doing. Not completely filling. For the first year I owned it, it took between 19 and 19.5 gallons to fill the tank after the low warning came on (I have a 23 gallon tank). Which left me with about 4 gallons in the system. Lately, at some of the newer gas pumps, it's been shutting off after only 16 or so gallons. In other words it's not completely filling the tank. I can keep squeezing the nozzle to force more fuel in, but I don't want to overfill. And some stations don't like it when you do that. Dealer says there's nothing wrong. I'm living with it for now, but I'm working on my own solution once the weather warms up. I don't like working in a cold garage.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most I've ever got in mine is 23.8 gallons (26gal tank). I don't recall the exact mileage left to 'E' but I know the low fuel message had come on a few exits before I could stop to get fuel.

jonread

Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn. Got the build from the equipment listing site (thank you!!) however it states i have a 26 gallon tank with add on of 5 additional gallons. So my question is where are the 33 gallons tank numbers coming from? Seems my tank would be 31 gallons (26 + 5). I have not tested to see how much gas i can fit just wondering where the 33 gallon tank number came from. Thanks!

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The 5 additional gallons is the amount of Fuel they put in at the Factory.
You only have a 26 gallon Tank.

Malodave

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 1500 Big Horn. Got the build from the equipment listing site (thank you!!) however it states i have a 26 gallon tank with add on of 5 additional gallons. So my question is where are the 33 gallons tank numbers coming from? Seems my tank would be 31 gallons (26 + 5). I have not tested to see how much gas i can fit just wondering where the 33 gallon tank number came from. Thanks!
The 5 additional gallons is the amount of Fuel they put in at the Factory.
You only have a 26 gallon Tank.

Malodave
Malodave is correct, every build sheet has this listed since it is leaving the factory with that amount of gas in it. Says it on my build sheet as well for my 33 gallon tank, filled it yesterday when the gas light came on and it took about 28.5 gallons.

Users who are viewing this thread