5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas pump spills

JHowellAK

Reaction score
I have had both issues... on the same pump at the same fillup. Took 3 tries for it to start filling reliably. I was standing next to it when all of a sudden a large jet of fuel spewed out of my truck. Seemed odd. Anywho - Make sure to ask the station for their spill kit! They need to clean up the mess!

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does it happen at other gas stations or using different pump at same station? Does it happen everytime you fill up? If it doesn’t happen everytime, I would be looking for something wrong other than the truck?

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I notice that I must put the fuel nozzle down farther than I am used to in order to get the gas to work. Doubt this will help you guys but make sure to shove that nozzle as far down as you can. Maybe it isn't very far down and causing gas to come too far up the filler neck before shutting off and spewing gas everywhere?

kf702

Reaction score
Love my truck, not a single problem, but pulling in the gas station, any gas station has me grinding my teeth. Three times now the pump does not shut off, even on low setting. Never had a vehicle do this, including the many I have rented. Today’s surprise was not a little dribble, it was a gushing nightmare, WTH! Anyone else experiencing this?
Same thing happened to me. I mean the gas is still pumping full board just spilling everywhere not even shutting off at any point. smh. I live in Las Vegas on wondering of dust clogged up the release valve I don't like these capless tanks anyway.

Rollint

Reaction score
I have now had my gas overflow at two different gas stations in my 2020 1500 Laramie...

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Had one instance of pump shutting off in the past 2+ years. Turned out to be an operator error.
Nozzle was not in far enough to fully open the secondary fuel door.

jth877

Reaction score
Never had the problem of not shutting off but I sure have the problem of it shutting off constantly with certain pumps.

Rollint

Reaction score
Never had the problem of not shutting off but I sure have the problem of it shutting off constantly with certain pumps.
I have that problem too...it seems it either won't pump or won't shut off haha. Gotta love all the small stuff that goes sideways after you drop $50k+ on a new truck lol. I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow

Adkram

Reaction score
no, but the last few times i got gas it shut itself off on it's own a couple of times within the first 2 or 3 gallons. which is better than what happened to you.
Depeonding on he station I get what happened to you OR what happened to the OP. Its not brilliant

Users who are viewing this thread