5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas prices...

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You know what I am kind of tired of? The Shell station by my house stops at 20 gallons. To get a full tank and then need to go through the card process again and it's usually for only 2 or so gallons.
View attachment 22700
They do that to limit your discount if you have something crazy like $2 off per gallon. They should find a way to be smarter about it and not limit the default discount though...

RichT

Reaction score
nice tinfoil hat you got there, but they do it as theft prevention.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
nice tinfoil hat you got there, but they do it as theft prevention.
Not sure why you chose to make fun of that person, but there are multiple reasons a station might limit purchases including the offered response. I’ve seen this exact thing happen with gas point systems I use.

You may be right, but that doesn’t always have to equate to someone else being wrong.

Jim7852

Reaction score
$2.69 at most places where I live in southern Ohio. Kroger store in Kentucky gives you an additional $.06 off per gallon. Bought premium for my Cuda, and it was $3.05

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
My neighborhood Shell station is holding out at $2.99/gal for Midgrade. Everyone else is around $3.10-3.15. Northern Virginia here.

Users who are viewing this thread