5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Mileage

beetlespin

Reaction score
All the roads in NC are 55 mph unless posted otherwise.

I am seeing 20 MPG with the Hemi 5.7.

I use just regular 87 octane.

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
the price of gas means nothing to me!
I lived through the shortage of the 1970's
at least we have gas now
give up your booze and cigarettes you will have plenty of gas money to drive your great truck.

THIS IS DIRECTED AT NO ONE
just making a point
It sucks dropping damn near $1,000/month on fuel!

BTW: I don't smoke or drink.

FJB!

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
It's urea in water.

Also known as urine, pee-pee, ****, golden shower, No. 1, snow ink, Urinarium, piddle, wizz, kidney juice, Gandhi Margarita
I wonder why more people aren't making their own fuel and DEF for their brand new $60k+ trucks?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wonder why more people aren't making their own fuel and DEF for their brand new $60k+ trucks?
Probably because they have a job and can afford to buy DEF rather than the shame of peeing into the DEF tank.

Biodiesel is a pain because you need methanol, source of waste oil, caustic reagents, and waste disposal of the gooey byproduct. At some point though it may make sense, depending on what happens at the pump in the next couple years

Drivinfast247

Reaction score
Probably because they have a job and can afford to buy DEF rather than the shame of peeing into the DEF tank.

Biodiesel is a pain because you need methanol, source of waste oil, caustic reagents, and waste disposal of the gooey byproduct. At some point though it may make sense, depending on what happens at the pump in the next couple years
I enjoy pissing in fuel tanks!

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Started filling up with E15 88octane from Sheetz for the last 3 weeks. This was last week running at 65-70mph all highway. Combined with city driving it goes down to 19-20mpg.
Last week E15 was at $4.74/gal.

Attachments

• PXL_20220612_163435307.jpg
    PXL_20220612_163435307.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 31

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's urea in water.

Also known as urine, pee-pee, ****, golden shower, No. 1, snow ink, Urinarium, piddle, wizz, kidney juice, Gandhi Margarita
Oh Lord.

I expect you're just being facetious, but there's no way to use urine + water in lieu of DEF.

The chemical makeup of human urine contains the following:
  • Urea: 9.3 grams/L (In contrast, DEF requires 32.5% urea)
  • Chloride: 1.87 grams/L
  • Sodium: 1.17 grams/L
  • Potassium: 0.750 grams/L
  • Creatinine: 0.670 grams/L
  • Other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds
"Human urine (as well as urine from other animals) contains a much different urea content than is required for the making of DEF. It also contains additional compounds and dissolved ions that a diesel engine’s catalytic reduction system (SCR) cannot handle."

"The urea used in the manufacture of DEF is synthetically derived from ammonia and carbon dioxide, and urea production plants are often adjacent to other sites where ammonia is produced, such as coal and natural gas refineries."

"Diesel exhaust fluid is not made of urine, and if you are going to urinate in your SCR system, you’re looking at having to pay some pretty hefty repair costs to clean and replace engine components once they have been contaminated. Following the deductive reasoning that urine has urea in it, therefore, urine + water = DEF is 100% wrong, and will cause you a myriad of expensive mechanical problems. The urea found in urine is not in the proper concentration needed for DEF, nor is it of a sufficient level of purity, in either urea or water. The bottom line, to spell it out just one more time… urine and DEF = Never. DON’T PEE IN YOUR DEF TANK!"

sylent_snyper

Reaction score
Just got back from a road trip from PA to NC. Averaged 26 mpg indicated and hand calc'd to 25.8 mpg. 2019 Bighorn with 3.92s, 4x4, 5-7 bed. This has been my best yet on a long trip. Stats in the photo are for the trip down.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 43

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just got back from a road trip from PA to NC. Averaged 26 mpg indicated and hand calc'd to 25.8 mpg. 2019 Bighorn with 3.92s, 4x4, 5-7 bed. This has been my best yet on a long trip. Stats in the photo are for the trip down.
What was your speed?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Oh Lord.

I expect you're just being facetious, but there's no way to use urine + water in lieu of DEF.

The chemical makeup of human urine contains the following:
  • Urea: 9.3 grams/L (In contrast, DEF requires 32.5% urea)
  • Chloride: 1.87 grams/L
  • Sodium: 1.17 grams/L
  • Potassium: 0.750 grams/L
  • Creatinine: 0.670 grams/L
  • Other dissolved ions, inorganic and organic compounds
"Human urine (as well as urine from other animals) contains a much different urea content than is required for the making of DEF. It also contains additional compounds and dissolved ions that a diesel engine’s catalytic reduction system (SCR) cannot handle."

"The urea used in the manufacture of DEF is synthetically derived from ammonia and carbon dioxide, and urea production plants are often adjacent to other sites where ammonia is produced, such as coal and natural gas refineries."

"Diesel exhaust fluid is not made of urine, and if you are going to urinate in your SCR system, you’re looking at having to pay some pretty hefty repair costs to clean and replace engine components once they have been contaminated. Following the deductive reasoning that urine has urea in it, therefore, urine + water = DEF is 100% wrong, and will cause you a myriad of expensive mechanical problems. The urea found in urine is not in the proper concentration needed for DEF, nor is it of a sufficient level of purity, in either urea or water. The bottom line, to spell it out just one more time… urine and DEF = Never. DON’T PEE IN YOUR DEF TANK!"
F779F69D-0FE1-4C13-A322-4A512DC6C1AE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online