5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas mileage on the 2019 5.7 hemi without etorque

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You guys think the big differentiator is the 3.92 rear end?
I dont think so and I have both of those. I think if you really need the 3.92 or off road package then sure it might be but other then that my opinion is no and I personally own both.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In my SRT I refer to them as smiles per gallon...I'm going to have to adopt that notion with the Ram as well because I enjoy her, despite her thirsty nature.

I am worried to see how mpg fares when I'm towing a CTS-V in an enclosed trailer in a few months.

Gonna need some pics/videos of this CTS-V ASAP! The wagon is still a dream car of mine

Ryanww

Reaction score
I am pleased to say that my Limited with 3.21 gears is getting just under 22 mpg on the freeway and about 15 mpg city. This is much better than the 2014 Longhorn I traded in.

Mine is the Same

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tonneau covers are less fuel efficient because without them air circulates inside the bed like a bubble between cab & tailgate causing less resistance & drag but the tonneau covers don't allow the airflow to circulate causing more drag like when the tailgate is down.
https://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/tailgate-down-myth/

That article is from 2006.

New trucks are so much more efficient.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Nettag7

Reaction score
I am pleased to say that my Limited with 3.21 gears is getting just under 22 mpg on the freeway and about 15 mpg city. This is much better than the 2014 Longhorn I traded in.
I an getting about the same as you are, but I just recently installed a set of 33x12.50r20 Toyo RT's on my factory wheels and that dropped down to about 18 HWY and about 15+ city. That's was on my trip from NC to OH averaging about 70-75 mph.

Polaris Man

Reaction score
2019 1500 sport QC 4x4 3.92 no e torque
2550 kms - Averaging 12.9 L per 100 km mixed city and highway but mostly highway. A little trailer pulling in there too

11.5L/ 100 on the highway for 750 kms this weekend. I saved 30 dollars in fuel for 750 kms compared to my 2013 6 speed

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my SRT I refer to them as smiles per gallon...I'm going to have to adopt that notion with the Ram as well because I enjoy her, despite her thirsty nature.

I am worried to see how mpg fares when I'm towing a CTS-V in an enclosed trailer in a few months.

Well that's a pretty **** poor notion, and I've had 4 SRTs. There's 0 reason to not have fuel efficient engines/aerodynamics in 2018. We've had the same inefficient/underpowered 5.7 HEMI for too damn long.

Beastram

Reaction score
2019 1500 sport QC 4x4 3.92 no e torque
2550 kms - Averaging 12.9 L per 100 km mixed city and highway but mostly highway. A little trailer pulling in there too

11.5L/ 100 on the highway for 750 kms this weekend. I saved 30 dollars in fuel for 750 kms compared to my 2013 6 speed
what size tires do you have God I wish I got that

Beastram

Reaction score
I like to hear from some guys with 35‘s on their truck I’ve been seeing a lot of excellent mileage and I’m really getting pissed off so how about it fellows any 35‘s out there

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Well that's a pretty **** poor notion, and I've had 4 SRTs. There's 0 reason to not have fuel efficient engines/aerodynamics in 2018. We've had the same inefficient/underpowered 5.7 HEMI for too damn long.
If you're upset with the notion go EcoDiesel I suppose...I was expecting a couple MPGs better but I'm content...not sure why you are this mad. My Jeep SRT is one of the heaviest so I feel like it's comparable gas mileage for a heavier truck with a 5.7L. You can always get a Ecoboost Ford :rolleyes:

Beastram

Reaction score
If you're upset with the notion go EcoDiesel I suppose...I was expecting a couple MPGs better but I'm content...not sure why you are this mad. My Jeep SRT is one of the heaviest so I feel like it's comparable gas mileage for a heavier truck with a 5.7L. You can always get a Ecoboost Ford :rolleyes:
Don’t get me wrong I love my truck I would just like to see a little bit better gas mileage that’s all .I’m pretty sure if I have left those original tires on I’d be getting Just as good as gas mileage as everybody .

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong I love my truck I would just like to see a little bit better gas mileage that’s all .I’m pretty sure if I have left those original tires on I’d be getting Just as good as gas mileage as everybody .
I hear you...it's the only reason I have narrow 33s instead of 35s like you.

Rsoults

Reaction score
Had our truck for three weeks mixed driving conditions 3:92 gears 4x4 crew cab 5.7 hemi average 16mpg have not checked it manually yet. Love the driveability of the 3:92,s

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On my '19 ram bighorn 2wd with 3.21 gears I get around 15+ mpg around town. Also have a Spectre air filter after couple fill ups with it it seemed to get me around 17+ mpg avg.

Users who are viewing this thread