5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas mileage on the 2019 5.7 hemi without etorque

Beastram

Reaction score
Well I’ve had my truck now for almost a month and I’m averaging 20Litres per hundred kilometres. If anybody out there can let me know how they’re making out that would be great thank you ?

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
Well I’ve had my truck now for almost a month and I’m averaging 20Litres per hundred kilometres. If anybody out there can let me know how they’re making out that would be great thank you ?

thats not too good, my 2013 hemi - 8 speed 3.92 gears averages. 16 city and 13 hwy. it should get better.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
my 19 Ram 8 speed tranny with 3.92 gears is currently getting between 13.1-13.7mpg and I do 100% city driving

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
my 19 Ram 8 speed tranny with 3.92 gears is currently getting between 13.1-13.7mpg and I do 100% city driving
Well at least I'm not alone. You have a tonneau cover too I was thinking once I decide on a cover my mpg would increase 1 or 2 mpg like on my F150...I guess not

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well at least I'm not alone. You have a tonneau cover too I was thinking once I decide on a cover my mpg would increase 1 or 2 mpg like on my F150...I guess not
Yes I have a tonneau cover too. my 19 Ram gets the worst MPG out of all 3 rams I have owned. I had a 2016,2017, and now the 2019.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Yes I have a tonneau cover too. my 19 Ram gets the worst MPG out of all 3 rams I have owned. I had a 2016,2017, and now the 2019.
In my SRT I refer to them as smiles per gallon...I'm going to have to adopt that notion with the Ram as well because I enjoy her, despite her thirsty nature.

I am worried to see how mpg fares when I'm towing a CTS-V in an enclosed trailer in a few months.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I think you all can expect your trucks to improve a little over time as computer learns to be more efficient. Using Fuelly as a guide, 2014-2017 ram 5.7 average is right at 15.6 while 2018 and 2019 are lower at upper 14s. No reason the 2018s and 2019s average shouldn't eventually match 15.6.

warmachine

Reaction score
13.4 is pretty decent in my opinion.ill take that in a heartbeat. a little better than my 2013 ram with 3.92 gears.

It goes up to about 14.5 if I only drive to work. 15 minutes driving in town each way plus however long the coffee takes in the drive thru.

ewag

Reaction score
In my SRT I refer to them as smiles per gallon...I'm going to have to adopt that notion with the Ram as well because I enjoy her, despite her thirsty nature.

SMILES PER GALLON.... right on brother! I love putting my foot in that 3.92 and hearing it gulp down fuel. Maybe one day I’ll feel differently, but not for a while.

I always tell anyone who wants to criticize the MPG that if I was concerned about it, I would have bought a Prius.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
Tonneau covers are less fuel efficient because without them air circulates inside the bed like a bubble between cab & tailgate causing less resistance & drag but the tonneau covers don't allow the airflow to circulate causing more drag like when the tailgate is down.
https://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/tailgate-down-myth/
I get that for the tailgate down myth, heck it was even on mythbusters. However I definitely ended up with better mileage on my 2011 F150 once I put the bakflip G2 on.

Blazn

FifGen
Reaction score
SMILES PER GALLON.... right on brother! I love putting my foot in that 3.92 and hearing it gulp down fuel. Maybe one day I’ll feel differently, but not for a while.

I always tell anyone who wants to criticize the MPG that if I was concerned about it, I would have bought a Prius.
I've been considering the pedal commander to get that insta response too...but I fear my lead foot habits will take over.

I agree with the Prius choice. Or rumor has it another truck manufacturer is making a 4 cylinder half ton :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread