5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas fill issues

One_like_God

Reaction score
Alright fellas. My fill issue was diagnosed as the vent piece so they will be replacing the tube between the fill hole and the gas tank. They also mentioned they will be inspecting the connection as the gas tank. I'll, again, provide a follow up next week after they replace it.
Did that fix the issue? I'm now having the same issue as everyone else in this thread with my 2021 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab with about 31,XXX miles on it. I bought it brand new with only 2 miles on it and I haven't had this issue until about 3 weeks ago. I have to let the fuel trickle into the tank, otherwise the nozzle just keeps clicking as if the tank is full. It doesn't matter what gas station I use. It acts like this at all of them. It takes almost 10 minutes of playing with the darn thing to get a full tank. I have an appointment at the end of the week with the dealership. I'm just wondering what fixed everyone's issue so I know what to tell them when I get there. When I called and explained my problem, they said that this isn't a "known issue to them but they will check it out."

I appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's common for them to say that they've never seen that before. It's usually BS, and I'm sure they're told to say that. We heard the same thing when the RF hub failed on our truck. It was obviously caused by the water that was leaking into the cab through the cracked rear window frame. When I mentioned the frame they said they hadn't heard of that issue. I expected that so that's when I whipped out the TSB. Which was all it took for them to order a new rear window to be covered under warranty. The window arrived in less than a week. The RF hub took more like three months.

Users who are viewing this thread