5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Cap

834k3r

Reaction score
I would be surprised if Ram changed the filler from 20 to 21.
Surprised me, too--but it specifically calls out the '21. But as I mentioned above, I'll take the $40 gamble and hope their return policy is good if it doesn't fit.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would be surprised if Ram changed the filler from 20 to 21.
They did but it is an internal change due to those that had filling issues.
I bought an extra to use when I install the AUX fuel tank. I will have Bungs
welded so that I can just swap it out with the current one.

Malodave

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Surprised me, too--but it specifically calls out the '21. But as I mentioned above, I'll take the $40 gamble and hope their return policy is good if it doesn't fit.
Where did you find it for $40?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And why wouldn't you go the $3 route for a rubber end cap from the plumbing department?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
And why wouldn't you go the $3 route for a rubber end cap from the plumbing department?
Kind of hard to lock a rubber end cap :ROFLMAO:

I guess it depends on the reason someone wants a gas cap. To keep dirt, debris, and moisture out, to secure the fuel filler, or both. For me it would be more to keep things clean, but there was a time when I wanted a locking cap to keep people from putting anything inside my fuel tank. My neighborhood has a history of kids playing pranks late at night. Was an issue when I parked on the street. Not so much now that I park in a locked garage.

834k3r

Reaction score
Where did you find it for $40?
That's what the price was on the website yesterday. Today it's $60. Wonder if someone updated the wrong price yesterday or something...:unsure:

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's what the price was on the website yesterday. Today it's $60. Wonder if someone updated the wrong price yesterday or something...:unsure:
I've been looking at these for a couple of years, and I've never seen it below $59.95 from the Geno's website. Are you sure you saw it for $40? I looked at the website within 10 minutes of your posting the link and it was the normal price.

834k3r

Reaction score
I've been looking at these for a couple of years, and I've never seen it below $59.95 from the Geno's website. Are you sure you saw it for $40? I looked at the website within 10 minutes of your posting the link and it was the normal price.
Well, I was 100% sure until this morning. Now? I think I saw the $40 price (I'm not blind, and I'm not an idiot), but I'm not sure.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter; neither of us got it for that price.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Well, I was 100% sure until this morning. Now? I think I saw the $40 price (I'm not blind, and I'm not an idiot), but I'm not sure.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter; neither of us got it for that price.
Sorry, I wasn't implying that you are either blind or an idiot LOL. People do make mistakes though. No worries either way.

I forgot to compare filler necks last night. I'll try to remember to do that over the weekend. I guess I could always put it on the wife's truck if it doesn't fit mine. Maybe I'll just place an order regardless.

Edit: Just ordered one. I'll update the thread when I see if it fits my '21 or not.

Last edited:

834k3r

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't implying that you are either blind or an idiot LOL. People do make mistakes though. No worries either way.

I forgot to compare filler necks last night. I'll try to remember to do that over the weekend. I guess I could always put it on the wife's truck if it doesn't fit mine. Maybe I'll just place an order regardless.

Edit: Just ordered one. I'll update the thread when I see if it fits my '21 or not.
No worries, no offense taken.

I'll definitely be awaiting your fit check test.

834k3r

Reaction score
Received my Geno's cap today and it fits my 2021 exactly the same way it fits the wife's 2020 Limited. Not sure why they explicitly say it won't fit 2021 models but it fits mine just fine.
Thanks for the fit test--I'll order mine today!

Ramagain

Reaction score
There’s not going to be an aftermarket gas cap for a truck they has one built in. Genos cap works great. You can always find a heavy duty latex type balloon to stretch over it except I suspect you’ll screw up the venting and the balloon would probably inflate. I always find it interesting they we spend 50-60k on our trucks and have trouble spending a few dollars to make them a bit better. I’ve used the genos cap for over a year and love what it’s designed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was floored to see no cap when I bought mine (21 Limited eco), I bought Geno's cap and one for the def. They do work well although $$.

ScottishRAM

Reaction score
Thanks for the fit test--I'll order mine today!
I bought a Geno's locking "dust" cap for my '19 Laramie. I remove it when I'm heading out to feed the beast. Twice I've come out in the morning to find my fuel filler door popped open. a couple of weeks ago I came out and found a cup sitting on my tonneau above the filler door (I'm only a little paranoid). I live in a quiet neighborhood on a dead end street. kids maybe? The $65.00 + shipping price point is pretty steep but I sleep better. Doesn't affect the performance and no computer errors or check engine light issues. Pics attached.

Attachments

• Genos - Open.jpg
    Genos - Open.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Genos close up.jpg
    Genos close up.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Genos distant.jpg
    Genos distant.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 46

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought a Geno's locking "dust" cap for my '19 Laramie. I remove it when I'm heading out to feed the beast. Twice I've come out in the morning to find my fuel filler door popped open. a couple of weeks ago I came out and found a cup sitting on my tonneau above the filler door (I'm only a little paranoid). I live in a quiet neighborhood on a dead end street. kids maybe? The $65.00 + shipping price point is pretty steep but I sleep better. Doesn't affect the performance and no computer errors or check engine light issues. Pics attached.
Aaaand, the color matches your truck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread