5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gas Cap

charbar

Reaction score
I know I know, Im sure its been discussed 1000 times, but I cant find any info. 'Gas Cap' must be to short of a term to search for.

Is there somebody that makes an actual cap/cover for these trucks? I've seen the Genos one for 60 dollars......I dont mind spending money if need be, but 60 bucks for something like that is borderline stupid.
I dont need it to lock or anything, just keep all the dirt off the top of the flap.

I have 15 miles of gravel roads to the nearest paved road and not having a cap just drives me insane. Put fuel in mine for the first time yesterday and ended up pulling back across the yard from the fuel barrel to the shop to blow the flap off with the air compressor because it was covered in dust. Id rather not send a spoonful of dirt down the filler neck every time I fill up.

Any products Im missing, or ideas? Maybe one of the big caps/plugs that I get with some parts would fit over the neck halfway snug.

Thanks!

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I know, Im sure its been discussed 1000 times, but I cant find any info. 'Gas Cap' must be to short of a term to search for.

Is there somebody that makes an actual cap/cover for these trucks? I've seen the Genos one for 60 dollars......I dont mind spending money if need be, but 60 bucks for something like that is borderline stupid.
I dont need it to lock or anything, just keep all the dirt off the top of the flap.

I have 15 miles of gravel roads to the nearest paved road and not having a cap just drives me insane. Put fuel in mine for the first time yesterday and ended up pulling back across the yard from the fuel barrel to the shop to blow the flap off with the air compressor because it was covered in dust. Id rather not send a spoonful of dirt down the filler neck every time I fill up.

Any products Im missing, or ideas? Maybe one of the big caps/plugs that I get with some parts would fit over the neck halfway snug.

Thanks!

There’s not going to be an aftermarket gas cap for a truck they has one built in. Genos cap works great. You can always find a heavy duty latex type balloon to stretch over it except I suspect you’ll screw up the venting and the balloon would probably inflate. I always find it interesting they we spend 50-60k on our trucks and have trouble spending a few dollars to make them a bit better. I’ve used the genos cap for over a year and love what it’s designed to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drydocked

Reaction score
Geno's has a non-locking cap for $29, item #GG-DSLFC19. Currently backordered.

charbar

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The pipe cap is perfect. Simple and easy is all I need.

Shouldn't be any venting issues....tank is vented through the canister and vent solenoid.

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I designed one for my Ecodiesel that I am going to try and 3D print
before I try to make one in Aluminum. I am using a 4mm x 39mm
Viton O-ring. I have to remove the top 3/8" of the Ribs inside the
filler neck to use it. The recess is for the Neodymium Magnet.

Malodave

DieselCap2021RAM.jpg

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is a test 3D Resin Print of the Diesel Cap. I am still working on
eliminating the Print Failures. I think I need to change the FEP sheet
on the Printer. This uses a 4mm x 39mm Oring. The top 1/4-3/8" of
the inside Ribs need to be removed for the Oring to seal out the Dust
and Dirt. The Resin is an ABS Like UV resin. I will probably paint it
Green and then color fill the recessed lettering.

Malodave

3D_DieselCap_Print.jpg

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks!
Gas or diesel?

Kotando

Reaction score
I ordered the one from Mopar for my Ecodiesel. Cost about $15, installs in seconds, works great.

Attachments

• Mopar Fuel Cap.jpg
    Mopar Fuel Cap.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 41

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I ordered the one from Mopar for my Ecodiesel. Cost about $15, installs in seconds, works great.
Those work great for the oil burners, but I'm pretty sure the OP is asking for his gasoline powered Ram.

834k3r

Reaction score
Not sure why it says that it won't fit. The filler on my '21 Limited looks identical to the one that was on my '20 Laramie.
Thanks for the input! Maybe I'll take a chance on it and hope for a good return policy if it doesn't fit.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Maybe I'll take a chance on it and hope for a good return policy if it doesn't fit.
To be fair, I didn't compare them side-by-side. So there could be something subtle that might cause it to not work. I'll try to remember to compare the wife's 2020 with my 2021 when I get home from work. I'll get out the measuring stick to check some dimensions too.

Users who are viewing this thread