5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gale Banks responds: pedal monster vs pedal commander

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But they're barely "facts". Why is it better engineered? Because it interacts directly with the entire brain of the truck rather than the throttle controller? How is it safer? Because they didn't show any failures in their video? You can only fail-safe something so much. If I chop my leg off with my chainsaw because I stuck my leg under the bar while running it is it my fault or Stihl's? Pedal Monsters have their own share of failures, like putting vehicles in limp mode.
All this is explained in the video. Did you watch it? Do you understand that powering a device off of the pedal circuirty can lead to no pedal or full acceleration? Do you understand that the pedal monster has circuitry for disabling itself and if you cut power to it, it defaults to stock pedal?

Are there pros and cons to both products? Yes. Is it laughable to provide a video of "facts" claimed by one company while disregarding "facts" claimed by the other? Objectively yes.

There are no advantages to the pedal commander over and above the pedal monster. Zero. But there are many advantages of the pedal monster.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All this is explained in the video. Did you watch it? Do you understand that powering a device off of the pedal circuirty can lead to no pedal or full acceleration? Do you understand that the pedal monster has circuitry for disabling itself and if you cut power to it, it defaults to stock pedal?

There are no advantages to the pedal commander over and above the pedal monster. Zero. But there are many advantages of the pedal monster.
You must be bored...

silver billet

Reaction score
I don't let me wife drive my $80k truck.
You earn driving an expensive car\truck, and she doesn't have the technical knowhow to know if anything acts up.

You also DONT put ANYONE into a modded car\truck unless they know\understand the mods that are installed PERIOD.

That's like giving an 18 year old a GT500 and blaming the car for when the kid literally kills himself because he can't handle or doesn't know how to handle what he is put into.

Dude, putting my wife in my truck wasn't my argument, it was the other guy here. So you just wrecked his argument in favour of the pedal commander lol. Can't even get on the same page, that's funny.

I haven't seen a single post ever with someone claiming a throttle controller died and caused them to sit mid intersection without being able to move. I'm sure a thread like that exists somewhere but it's rare enough to not matter discussing. These are non-issues, the video is a sales video and no better or worse then any others. I did enjoy watching him, but it is a sales video and thus useless.

You didn't watch the video because there were like 10 YT video clips showing how terrible the commander is. Not from banks, they merely aggregated the clips, the clips are from random youtubers who tested these things.

How do you expect to argue when you can't even watch a video and comprehend it?

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Grow up, this is a forum dedicated to our trucks and we all come here to share ideas and opinions. If you don't like mine, just stop reading and move on.
You're disputing about something you don't even have and it's hilarious!! Maybe you need a new hobby! :ROFLMAO:

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I love that you post a video that is very obviously marketing for a product that claims facts without much supporting evidence except claims they make and expect people not to disagree with you. And yes, I did watch the video. My multiple degrees in engineering and decade+ of working in engineering helped me understand the "what ifs" that the video claimed. Do you understand that something plugged into any type of circuitry has the ability to affect that circuitry regardless of the "fail safes" (a relay that can very easily fail) it might have? You took a guy with 2 switches "attached to the truck" at face value. You took a guy saying a relay is a 100% foolproof fail-safe at face value. But you won't take a guy saying a throttle controller is better than an ECM controller at face value. I'd love to go through and time stamp every bad form of engineering, testing, data collection, analysis, and statement making in the video, but I'd have to write another thesis and I don't have time. Welcome to the ignore list.

silver billet

Reaction score
You're disputing about something you don't even have and it's hilarious!! Maybe you need a new hobby! :ROFLMAO:

Had. I owned this in the past, and this discussion has come up in the past. This is an information thread for those looking for these types of devices.

Maybe you need to grow up?

silver billet

Reaction score
I love that you post a video that is very obviously marketing for a product that claims facts without much supporting evidence except claims they make and expect people not to disagree with you.

The video explains what separates their device from the competition. The problem isn't that people are disagreeing, its the reasons they're disagreeing because they clearly have no clue and are just throwing out random assertions.

And yes, I did watch the video. My multiple degrees in engineering and decade+ of working in engineering helped me understand the "what ifs" that the video claimed. Do you understand that something plugged into any type of circuitry has the ability to affect that circuitry regardless of the "fail safes" (a relay that can very easily fail) it might have?

Everything can fail. What we have are 2 different devices, one with no failsafes whatsoever and which has been reported to fail spectacularly to multiple users.

The other device has been engineered with fail safe mechanisms. Nobody has demonstrated in this thread that it has failed.

You took a guy with 2 switches "attached to the truck" at face value. You took a guy saying a relay is a 100% foolproof fail-safe at face value. But you won't take a guy saying a throttle controller is better than an ECM controller at face value.

Clearly you didn't watch the video or you'd see the 5 to 10 clips showing other people experiencing spectacular failures with the pedal commander. This wasn't just banks saying the competition can fail, they provided clips of third parties demonstrating the exact failures that the pedal monster is designed against.

I'd love to go through and time stamp every bad form of engineering, testing, data collection, analysis, and statement making in the video, but I'd have to write another thesis and I don't have time.

You need to get over yourself.

Welcome to the ignore list.

No doubt that's for the best as its clear you're a little sensitive.

silver billet

Reaction score
And in case this wasn't clear, this video was a response from Gale Banks only because the pedal commander dude first put up a webpage trying to demonstrate why the PC was better than the PM. Banks came back with this showing how BS that marketing page was.

So if you're thinking Banks is just doing this for marketing, no, banks is responding to terrible and bad marketing that was putting their product in a bad light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread