5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galaxy S22 doesn't pair to uconnect

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input in trying to troubleshoot. It was exactly the same time as I switched phones that I started having these issues, but the dealer confirmed today that there's a defect in the radio unit. There's not a piece of software that can fix it so I'm staring at $12xx to replace it by the dealer. It's the 8.4 nav.

There only two options that I can see: 1) buy a second hand (which I'm guessing needs to be married to the vehicle by the dealer) or 2) buy the 13.6" from Phoenix Automotive. For the price, I'm obviously leaning towards option 2 because it's $700 for a huge, but there's quirks with it that I'm not sure about yet.
i feel like I would also go for # 2

Loudram

Reaction score
#2 is the cheaper option but if you go with the factory unit, look into getting a non-nav unit. It may save you some money and if you have AA, Google Maps is much better and always updated.

PMantle

Reaction score
I talked with UConnect and they got me squared away with a soft reset a couple days ago. They said only the dealer can do a hard reset. I haven't used it much in the last couple but I'll be focusing on it again this coming week to see if there's any change.
Can you share how to do this? I am having to go through the pairing procedure about once every two weeks as if my Uconnect has never encountered my phone before.

Curlymurt

Reaction score
@PMantle I don't remember exactly. I think you:
Press and hold power button and tune button for 30 seconds with the car running but parked.
It should restart.
You'll exit the vehicle and close the door.
Wait a few minutes then get back in.

Maybe.

You can call UConnect directly. They were actually easy to get ahold of and walk me through the procedure. Contact Us - Uconnect® Customer Support

Users who are viewing this thread